Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet organizers anyone?

Default Closet organizers anyone?

Have been researching the closet organizer products and market out there and wondering if anyone is focused on this. Seems large and viable plus not too complex.
    Anyone with any experience, tips, or recommendations? Would love to discuss with anyone focused on this market.
    Thanks

Jerry

Closet organization has been a growing part of my business over the past few years.I have built simple
    installations to complex built-in high end projects.
    This is one reason I got a Bot.Please Email me if you would like any more info.

Erminio

I've been handling the manufacturing for a local closet company for just over a year. I'm getting pretty good at making whatever he can sell but I don't know much about the market or the sales end of it. The homebuilding market around here is definitely not what is used to be so finding customers is the hardest part.

I'm working on my next article for the ShopBot web site which will include working with the RTA fittings. Hopefully it will be up in a week or two.

I just want to do my own closet, basically I was going to use Cabinet Parts Pro and build stuff to fit. My wife went so far as to get a quote once but there were 2 problems. I hated the design they proposed. It used stock stuff I could get from home depot with maybe one jump in quality. This meant it didn't really fit the space but it was "arranged" in the space. The other problem was the price, $7000. Uhh... no thank you, especially for the disorganized array of white melamine blocks and wire shelves.

I think there is a market but to enthrall people your focus will have to be on organizing THEIR closet while maximizing the use of space. No two closets are the same because people are different. Case in point, my wife owns about 15 pairs of shoes, why on earth these guys proposed enough shoe storage to open a small shoe store is beyond me. I think I also own 5 ties... yet they had enough space to hang 400 ties and yet no storage whatsoever for whips and chains ;-)

Basically, I need help laying out the space. While I could build whatever went in it, my creativity is somewhat challenged when it comes to designing it.

Robert

Robert,

Whips and chains???????

Sounds like your trying to come out of the closet to me?

No, according to my wife I need to get in the closet. It's been unfinished for several years. I have some prebuilt stuff sitting in there... if I really wanted to give her a great christmas present I'd get a design and go buy the ply and build her a closet. My problem comes with the design part, anyone know of any closet layout and design software? It seems simple at first until you start figuring out how far off the wall for hangers, how high for shirts and dresses, how large for shoes...

Robert

Try this site www.closetsmagazine.com/

As A buisness I receive this mag for free.
    Its a good resource for closet related work.

Erminio

By the way I have Kcdw with added closets feature.It a great program for laying out closets.A bit costly but worth it if you do a lot of closets.

Erminio

Thanks Guys. Erminio, I'll be e-mailing and calling you later this week to discuss further.

Jerry
    I'll be expecting your call

Erminio