Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally getting this Facebook thing going...

Default Finally getting this Facebook thing going...

We are finally getting our Facebook presence doing something for us. With the new kit design and starting up our bat house workshops with more vigor this year than any before hopefully it'll help.

https://www.facebook.com/H4Bats

Feel free to Like us!

/RB

Congratulations on your new venture.

Looks like you've done an outstanding job of promoting your Bat Retirement Homes. I've not taken the step to join FB as I don't see any advantage. I'd do just as you have if my product was mailable. So much of what I do require individual creative design work with a final product that requires installation. But still I'm envious.

I've often thought about offering my design services or getting some standard products to offer. Naw it's not my bag. Many of my FB friends have enjoy feeding their ego's. So it can be good even if there's no money in it. But I'm impressed at what you've done. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    Congratulations on your new venture.

Looks like you've done an outstanding job of promoting your Bat Retirement Homes. I've not taken the step to join FB as I don't see any advantage. I'd do just as you have if my product was mailable. So much of what I do require individual creative design work with a final product that requires installation. But still I'm envious.

I've often thought about offering my design services or getting some standard products to offer. Naw it's not my bag. Many of my FB friends have enjoy feeding their ego's. So it can be good even if there's no money in it. But I'm impressed at what you've done. Keep up the good work.
    Joe, it's a good, free way to advertise and show off your work. More and people are going to facebook first when looking for any product, even signs, and it's a good way to get your name in front of buyer's. But like any medium, it does take work to keep it looking nice and in front of buyers.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Dan,

I think your right with concern of getting your name in front of lots of people. I don't want that. My product isn't easily transported and my design work depends on a visit. Nope being on FP would only cause problems.

Having a social media presence should be a requirement for all businesses.
    Free, excellent way of showcasing work such as widgets, custom cabinet installs, signage etc.. Treat it just as you would a portfolio, but with real reach and the ability to leverage digital word of mouth.

90% of my new customers come in through social media, both my small items I ship, and my on site stuff; signage, millwork, one off jobs etc...

I have a personal, and business facebook page. I don't even bother with the personal side. Facebook is also extremely useful for keeping any eye on the competition.

Great job on the page. Lots of good content.

Rob: I'm not into FB but have gone to peoples sites on their request. Sometimes sites just open up and others require a log into FB to see the site.
    Your's requires the log in. You may want to look into that.

Sk8MFG, who ever that is

I'm fond of using my real name on forums like this. That might be another social step you could make to promote yourself. Please post your website to show us what you have to offer.

Joe Crumley
    www.normansignco.com

Been on Facebook for a while now as you can see by my signature. It's a great tool and have received many jobs as a result.

Kurt,

Excellent FB add. What kind of work have you received?
    I'm interested in local work and don't have the time or interest to deal with long distance customers. I only want my phone to ring with a prospective customer. I get way too many phone calls now. There's only so much time in a day.

I admire your FB exposure.

Looks like you've been busy!! Looks good and should be a good tool for spreading the word. Dave, I have a FB account and was able to view H4Bats without log in. Could not give like without log in.