Thread: Quick start - Engineering and Robotics!

Default Quick start - Engineering and Robotics!

We'll thanks for the help here (and on the Aspire forums)... we had NO CNC experience at all, and got our Shopbot Desktop arrive a few months ago after this year's robotics season. We decided in order to be competitive in our area - needed to step up our game and dive into CNC.

Our story on implementing this tech pretty much on our own (other than help from places like HERE and from the Shopbot help line! ), can be found here.

My first real project finished up... its an Oak Family Crest shield that I wanted to present to my son as part of him graduating from one of this Air Force Tech schools - Special Missions Engineering (Black Hawks).

He seemed to REALLY like it - I think it ended match up with he tattoo quite well.

I've got A LOT of great ideas on how to teach this as part of the engineering course we're starting next year.

Thanks for the support!!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy View Post
    We'll thanks for the help here (and on the Aspire forums)... we had NO CNC experience at all, and got our Shopbot Desktop arrive a few months ago after this year's robotics season. We decided in order to be competitive in our area - needed to step up our game and dive into CNC.

Our story on implementing this tech pretty much on our own (other than help from places like HERE and from the Shopbot help line! ), can be found here.

My first real project finished up... its an Oak Family Crest shield that I wanted to present to my son as part of him graduating from one of this Air Force Tech schools - Special Missions Engineering (Black Hawks).

He seemed to REALLY like it - I think it ended match up with he tattoo quite well.

I've got A LOT of great ideas on how to teach this as part of the engineering course we're starting next year.

Thanks for the support!!
    Congratz to your son! Great looking family crest!

I am sure once my shopbot arrives I will be on this forum quite a bit!