Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recursive CNC (or 'Gerald's Bad Influence')

The only thing that makes me not be impolite to you is that we are heading towards summer, whilst you are heading towards winter. (Not that you suffer through your winters!!)

Mike, 2 days ago it snowed 100km inland from here - and today we had a windless 38C! (The reason I was beside the pool was to clean the leaves out of the darn thing after one of our many summer gales. I'm hoping that the windy season is over now......)

Ah-ha Finally we have proof Gerald is really only a lowly Pool boy..... Finally we know what Gerald really does!!!!!

My real job is working on garbage trucks - and I am dead serious when I say that.

When he says he works on garbage trucks, he is being a little economic with the truth. This is what he really means!
    Snowing here as I write

..............Mike

You know, if I bought one of Gerald's ML150 dumpers, I could save myself alot of energy and muscle to unload my beer into the cooler... or to dump the shop trash cans into the larger dumpster... That is some neat stuff Gerald.. though I am a ranch kid from Western Nebraska.. and I like mechanical stuff...

Hey, this is Morris' JBot thread!

Now do you understand what is meant by "Geralds bad influence?"

Morris,
    How is your Jbot going?
    I have had something similar at the back of my mind, and may even get round to it this year. I would use standard shopbot PRT parts and constructions, it would have a horizontal router, and basically be a slot morticer, borer and round ended tennoner all rolled into one, that would dovetail and pin as well. I was thinking of a moving Y carriage with about 900 travel, 150 X (in and out) and 150 Z (up and down). The Y carriage would be L shaped to machine both ends and sides of rails etc, probably an off the shelf shopbot Z. In fact a cross between my benchtop and a standard morticer. Don't know when I'll get roundtuit, but would be interested in your designed movements and capacities.

rh...

The machine progresses by fits and jerks.

Work area is roughly 12"x12"x4" (x,y,z) with a stepsize of 1/4800" on all three. The spindle can be manually rotated from vertical to horizontal.

...Morris