Thread: VCP SB 8.014 Toggling on more layers in automatic toolpath selection

Default VCP SB 8.014 Toggling on more layers in automatic toolpath selection

I have 3 layers to tool path. Layer selector automatically shows two layers selected each time I open this function. I toggle off the unwanted layer with a visible removal of check mark in box, only to have it select that errant layer as I close to calculate toolpath. Upon re-opening the Vector Selector box, that layer continually is being triggered back on.

None of the new features appear to pertain to what I'm doing, so not certain what is causing this to happen - never had this issue with previous version.

(sorry, don't know how to get a print of the screen to share an image)

Thanks in advance,

jeff

The only way I can replicate that is by closing the vector selector box with the Close button and then closing the toolpath with the Close button rather than Calculate. That seems like the correct behaviour to me as the toolpath itself hasn't been changed.
    The answers to a lot of questions can be found at http://www.shopbottools.com/ShopBotDocs/ or http://support.vectric.com/

Adrian,
    Sent a smaller set of files to Vectric, and they're working on it - they agree, seems to be a catch in layer naming in drawing window effecting auto select in toolpath window and are forwarding to development team to analyze.

jeff

Jeff,
    Can you let us know the fix?
    Been having a similar issue, but just figured it was me, as I'm still relatively new on toolpathing by layers.
    Thanks,
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Happening here to as well.
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer

Hi,

This seems to be caused by a mismatch of layer names in toolpaths where the case of the name in the toolpath is different to that in the job. In the file we were sent, the toolpath had an association with a layer called 'CUTOUT' but the actual file had a layer called 'Cutout'.

This was causing a problem with the automatic vector selector as it incorrectly checked the layer names matched ignoring the case, while the rest of the program by design treats 'CUTOUT' and 'Cutout' as different layer names. If the layer name in the file is changed to 'CUTOUT' all works as expected. We suspect this issue is predominantly arising with toolpaths loaded from templates where the case of the layer name in the file does not match the case of the layer the template was created for.

The fix for this will involve removing the case insensitive check so even with a future fixed version, templates with layer associations and job layer names must match exactly.

Brian

Thank you Brian.
    Personally, I WAS using toolpath templates. I'll double check my naming/resave/and get consistent(that's the hard part!
    Thanks again,
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine