Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Vector Images

Default Free Vector Images

Vectorstock.com is offering a batch of free vector images, never know, you might find something useful in these.

http://www.vectorstock.com/exclusive...0image%20packs
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Personal use only though
    Thanks Dan
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Quote Originally Posted by scottp55 View Post
    Personal use only though
    Thanks Dan

Top of page says "These vector graphic packs are exclusive to VectorStock and free for both personal and commercial use!"

Expanded license says " You may use the content on items (digital or hardcopy) for resale such as t-shirts and fabric prints, flags, postcards, stickers, posters, coffee mugs, calendars or the like." so it looks like commercial use allowed (but not resale of vectors you create using these images)

Did you see somewhere that said otherwise?
    Daniel E.
    Porter Cable Router
    Aspire 9.0

Maybe I read it wrong...Under "Free Vector License" Dan?

Free Vector License

Your acceptance of these terms is an absolute condition of your use of any “free” download from VectorStock.com. Known as “Free Vectors”.

You agree to download and use the “Free Vectors” under the following Terms and Conditions: These Terms and Conditions constitute a legal Agreement between VectorStock® Media and You. The sole purpose of the “Free Vectors” is for evaluation and personal use only.

You may NOT:
    distribute the or publish the Content, electronically/digitally or in any form hard or soft copy
    authorize any third party to use the Content for any purpose
    share Content across any network, distribute on media devices, websites or in any other way
    use this content for any other purpose other that for evaluation or personal use

You may purchase this content, herby attaining the relevant license you require for the relevant use of the content.

You represent and warrant that:
    You are at least 18 years of age and have the right to enter into this Agreement;
    You will not use the Content in any way that is not permitted by this Agreement;

The following is the terms of the agreement between VectorStock® Media Limited (‘Company’) and the User/Member (‘User’) of content through Vectorstock.com (the ‘Site’). If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to download anything, so please review these terms carefully:

DID find this one last week,
    https://pixabay.com/en/service/faq/
    and MOST seemed free for commercial use without requiring attribution once you sign up...Pretty basic ones though.
    Haven't found the downside yet, and they don't seem to bug you like some sites, and haven't gotten any new spams in filter.
    Only been a week though.
    Found SOME good ones to use as a base, and then spiced them up.
    Don't see any overlapping vectors yet on the dozen I downloaded(although 1 of the "Lobsters" is driving me nuts when pocketing
    NOT endorsing site...Just mentioning.
    scott
    Last edited by scottp55; 07-09-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    scott P.
    Maine

I think you read it right and I read it right, but their website is a bit unclear! One spot says free for personal and commercial use, but then their license page lists "standard" and "expanded" licenses.

The email I was sent by the site listed these as "expanded license": "we’re giving away the following 5 exclusive vector packs (expanded license included)!"

But your right about the free vectors on the site, personal use only from that description. But the ones I posted, at least with the email I have gives me the "expanded" license, but someone who just downloads from site it says free for personal and commercial use, and doesn't reference the license they put on their site.

I'll check out the pixabay.com and see if any can be of use, can never have too many free art sites.

I've used a couple from https://openclipart.org/ Their license states "All Clipart on Openclipart are available for unlimited commercial use. That means you may use the clipart commercially, for education, for church, for school, for your job, or even to manufacture products globally."
    Daniel E.
    Porter Cable Router
    Aspire 9.0

Thanks Daniel,
    Bookmarked.
    Always liked that quote "THE BIG PRINT GIVETH...and the small print taketh away" and seems to be especially true on Vector art.
    Dad's always asking me to make stuff for sale using art I used for Christmas presents.
    Had to separate art to Private/with attribute or link/commercial use/ and BOUGHT folders...and then put my foot down and threaten to quit.
    Hats off to vector artists...I have difficulty hand drawing one of these!
    So always looking for art and photo's that look like they'll Bitmap Trace fairly clean.
    I always like going through the free tattoo design sites, as they usually translate well and clean because they ink where we carve.
    http://www.tattoo-design-gallery.com/gallery/v/celtic/

http://www.tribalshapes.com/
    scott P.
    Maine

Yeah, that ambiguity of those licenses and what does and doesn't apply, that's what keeps the lawyers in business!

Yeah, I'm doing the same with art I find, putting in folders by website, and printing a copy of the licenses so I have a record of them.

Never thought of tatoo art as a source of vectors, I'll be checking those out too now.
    Daniel E.
    Porter Cable Router
    Aspire 9.0

If you can find any tattoo designs to your taste, they Bitmap Trace very well and easily, and people seem to like the graphically deep contrast.
    2 Christmas's ago, here I was with a brand new machine/no presents/and ripping my hair out trying to get decent traces.
    The tattoo designs SAVED me. and the kids loved them
    Got one button design off there people liked the proto, but needs tweaking for buttonholes.
    Good idea on filing by site with license, my library is Just beginning to become messy.
    I'd like to scrap everything from when I first started, because I never know where they came from, BUT a good source of ideas and only downside is when Dad wants to use them commercially and we lock horns
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine

Very nice looking, going to spend some time lookin' at ink

My nephew starting college in the fall, and I made some monograms for his favorite teacher, and then had order for her daughter. He brought me payment and said he'd like to do some things for school to sell in the dorms (co-ed dorms nowadays). I then had to explain to him about how tough it is to get license to sell university branded items, and how expensive it is. And then I explained the potential expense of doing it anyways without the proper licensing, and he quickly realized that the risk not worth the little reward!

I figure I'm gonna cover my a$$ and have the proper license. There are enough free sources of images that allow commercial use that why take a chance on something I don't have the right to use commercially. Not worth the risk.
    Daniel E.
    Porter Cable Router
    Aspire 9.0

Yep, Colleges have that pretty locked down and keep an eye on it, BUT it's not just them.
    My sister knows a husband/wife team that sells to 9 colleges and THEY paid the $ for full licensing and then release permissions to their contractors for items to be made to submit to the colleges(usually the college bookstore) and they and the other college suppliers watch merchandise even closer than the college does!
    We submitted 2 items to them, and husband liked the hand rubbed oil finish-wife wanted super glossy. Guess who won
    Dad took some samples to the regional college suppliers show as it was only 25 miles from his house last year(Burlington, VT). There was a lot of interest from some of them, BUT a lot of hoops to jump through and we were still really too small and Northern Desktop and shop weren't really prepared to handle the quantities involved.
    SMART to pass up. Colleges aren't as bad as Disney and sport team franchisers, but the wife said they jumped on every instance of "Bootlegging" they could find with Both feet!
    Not worth it for us, but could be Really nice production work for somebody willing to go through all the foo-foo-ra.
    MAY not be the same for every state/college, but this was Dartmouth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    scott P.
    Maine