Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more railing/post work

Very nice work!

After a brief break ( to finish up other work) my guys are back on this job and will hopefully be done tomorrow.

WIll post a finished pic then. But they got the rail and shoe down (some funky angles for sure) and tomorrow can cut the ballusters and install them.

Finally all done. Customer is happy. I'm happy - I can get my guy who was doing this job onto the next one.

I'll go back and get better pics with my camera.

Final post for this thread. Went back with my SLR and took some nicer pics.

Man, that is top notch!!
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Andrew I cannot message you, as it says you have too many messages and you need to clear some space before you can receive anymore new messages. I got the package, thanks.

Awesome job!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajcoholic View Post
    The rack is just the standard twin shelf supports - I machine the wood pieces with a V cutter on the shaper that leaves a small radiused edge (not sharp). and rabbet the side that fits into the shelf support, then screw it down to the support.

Easy to get various lengths, and they support a lot of weight. I have two of the commercial wire rack carts, which are great like when I have 50+ doors to spray. But I love my wall racking.. very versatile.
    Andrew,

Love the racking system. I have 4 of the Hafele drying racks for doors and smaller pieces. I also have shop-built rolling racks for larger pieces (up to about 30" x 80"). But, they take up a huge amount of floor space. Your re-configurable wall system is a great solution for both small and large pieces. I have seen K&V shelf supports up to 24" long which will handle even my largest pieces.

I am considering using the design on at least one wall of my finishing area. The ability to change the configuration and lengths would be extremely helpful.

Any chance you could post some photos of the wood pieces from various angles? Also, which shelf support is it? Does it have the little vertical tab on the end? Did you file off the tab?

Thanks!!!
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by ckurak View Post
    Andrew,

Love the racking system. I have 4 of the Hafele drying racks for doors and smaller pieces. I also have shop-built rolling racks for larger pieces (up to about 30" x 80"). But, they take up a huge amount of floor space. Your re-configurable wall system is a great solution for both small and large pieces. I have seen K&V shelf supports up to 24" long which will handle even my largest pieces.

I am considering using the design on at least one wall of my finishing area. The ability to change the configuration and lengths would be extremely helpful.

Any chance you could post some photos of the wood pieces from various angles? Also, which shelf support is it? Does it have the little vertical tab on the end? Did you file off the tab?

Thanks!!!
    The shelf brackets are bought here from Home Depot - not sure of the brand (I can check tomorrow at work). Yes they have a tab in the front which I presume is to stop a shelf from sliding forward? I dont file them, what I did was cut a small slot on the band saw where that lip is, and the wooden extension sits in that. Then I put one wood screw at the back and the wooden piece holds tight to the bracket.

Ill take some close ups tomorrow if I remember... lol. I just finished assembling another big job I just sprayed last week - several dressers, built in cabinets, a desk and a dressing table all for the same customer. I generally load up the wall with brackets and then use the two Hafele carts for doors and/or drawer fronts, when I have a full load in the finishing room.