Thread: Done with Control Software 3.8.32!!!! Stick a fork in it!!

Default Done with Control Software 3.8.32!!!! Stick a fork in it!!

Sorry, I am as frustrated as I have ever been. I have never had success with any version of 3.8.xx....but...I have such faith in Ted and staff that I just knew they had the bugs worked out. So I upgraded to 3.8.32 a few weeks ago and everything was going great while I was cutting 2D. Tonight I was cutting the first 3D file since upgrading in a piece of 3/8" cast acrylic when BAMM.....same ole ****. The machine stopped in line 2xxx, then started running very slow and slamming at each end of the cut, then I stopped it, restarted, ran fine for a couple hundred lines, then stopped, then shut down SB3.........Then I deleted it AGAIN and re-loaded 3.6.42. The part is ruined.

Now I am having a stiff bourbon and venting to you all. My machine runs perfect on 3.6.42 and will not run on 3.8.XX, I just don't understand. So I will stay with 3.6.42 and listen to the words of a great American (Brady) "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". This may call for another drink since, in my rage, I accidentally deleted all the artwork I had spent 4 hrs on. Word to the wise...Save, save, save.

Mark

I apologize to the forum administrator for the bleeped out "same ole ****. I did not realize that was a bad word in this day and age.
    Mark

3.8.36 is the current version. Some of the early versions were terrible! I've been running pretty good with 3.8.36. 3.8.34 still did what you describe on a recent 3D file for me, but after a timid pause/resume, it regained it's composure.
    Scott