Thread: Brady 101

Lightbulb Brady 101

Brady, I usually always learn something when you post and reply to many questions on here.

I was wondering if you could post a condensed list of key wisdom/knowledge points for any shopbotter to learn from and help run the machine better

Something in a numbered bullet format just to point out a good list of "Do and Don'ts"

Example I'm looking for: "if it screams feed it"

Also if anyone else has good points to add

I will end up combining it all and printing it as good reminders for myself and it would benefit others I assume

Thanks!

Davo,
    Thanks for the kind words.

The issue with doing this is time. I often come here as a break from working in the shop or lab and answer what I can, when I can.

Compiling a 'one size fits all' list of do's & don'ts is more challenging than you may be led to believe. CNC routing is quite a broad topic - and the current means of posting and asking questions is way more efficient than just listing general information. That also goes without saying that this kind of technology is always changing - information today may be irrelevant tomorrow.

I'd like to think that of my 7,000 or so posts over the years that there isn't a lot of fat on them. A good google search of the forum will usually turn up the answer to most 101 questions...and I've probably answered it already

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com