Thread: Quick leveling tips for the buddy

Default Quick leveling tips for the buddy

I'm moving into a new house and my shop is going into a one car garage. Since the buddy is made to be more mobile I thought a thread on quick and easy buddy leveling would be helpful to me and others. I don't know about anyone else but getting my machine level can be frustrating since my floor isn't nice and flat everywhere. I thought about trying to mod the buddy to sit on three legs to ease leveling, but wasn't sure if it might cause the bt to move around a little more. A nice easy system or method would be nice any ideas?

I have a similar issue in my shop. The best I can do is use my 7 ft level and put it across the length of the machine every which way it will fit until I get it right.

Or alternatively you could buy one of those small levels shaped like a + and mount one on a good reference point. That's what my towable boom lift uses to level.

Same with me seems like a lot of running around the machine to get it right...makes me not ever want to move it once its set. Defeats the purpose of those nice casters!

Why not put it where you want to run it and mark the floor around each leg. That way when you roll it out and drop it down it should be close to level just check it and make a few ajustments.

Best way to get a good level is to check the floor first..put the level on the floor look for low spots...mark the area....what i did was to put my level on the buddy "y" axis, i took a 3/4 black pipe put it between the cross members and used my hydraulic jack, raised it up just enough to put a 3/4" thick block under the wheels lowered it down raised the other end untl it was level checked the level lowered my supports down.finished

If anybody has an iPhone...and the MultiLevel App, they make awesome levels if combined with a true longer straight edge.
    You can dissect a degree.