Thread: Question About Shopbot Link

Default Question About Shopbot Link

Hello Everyone, I got a chance yesterday to try out the shopbot link. I drew a simple cabinet up and tried it on the machine. I did an air cut to see what it would do. I just have one sheet nested and I have it set to do drilling first it goes through the drilling fine and when it is done it will stop at that point. I went into Header/Footer it will not let me type in a command for after drilling on sheet 1 to go to a point on the table to change the bit. I looked at what Gary had written in some of his listings that he had posted and they have tool changers listed. Thanks for you help.

Hi, the link will automatically run the tool change ( or it does on mine ) a box will pop up asking if tool #() is loaded you click no, a new pop up ask want to use keyboard to move unit to tool change click yes and you can use arrows to move head to desired location to change bit - close keyboard drop down and another pop up change to bit #() when you click yes it will be ready to Z zero that bit
    hope this helps
    Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

Thanks Tim, we have a Thermwood 43 at work and i am trying to get my Shopbot up and running. Thanks again.

It takes a little programming, but I have my manual change routines setup to move the spindle to a certain location for bit changing, then move to my zero plate (off the cutting part of the table), zero the new bit and go off cutting again. It's Custom_9 where all this takes place.

I can send you my Custom_9, but make no warranty if it will work on your machine. I also, can NOT offer support for it.

Let me know.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Thanks Don, I was looking at Custom 9 to see what i could do with it. If you could send me the file that would help me out . I will do an air cut with the file with the router off and slow the speed down where i can stop it. I have a 96x48 with a new upgrade on it i think it will run fine. Thanks for your help.