Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerstick Installation

I sent an email to SB yesterday telling them how unhappy I was that the PowerStick did not fit as advertised. I haven't heard anything back yet. I guess its not that big a deal to take the support rollers off, its just the point that you're not supposed to have to.
    Your set up sounds great Michael. Even though the BT is compact for a CNC it blew my garage up when I put it in also. It takes a while to get things situated again for sure!

Washers under the support rollers on the Gen.I powerstick are what caused the rollers to hit the aluminum table. I hide my head in shame and retrack my unhappy email to Shopbot. I'm going to go burrow into a hole now

Don't hang your head in shame. Be proud that you are human and mature enough to admit a mistake.

Every time that I have an issue I seem to fight until I pick up the phone and call ShopBot. They are perhaps the greatest group of folks on the planet. I bought a used Bot, but, they treat me as if I bought it from them 2 days ago.

I only hope that my customers feel as happy as I am with the ShopBot family.

Erik can you post a picture of where these washers are located? I may have "fixed" the wrong problem..

Thanks

D

There was a washer located under each of my support roller balls. When I removed them there was about a 1/16" of clearance. This is show with the washer still in place.

40359.jpg

The roller on the left has NO washer the roller on the right still has the washer in place.

40363.jpg

Erik- I just looked my roller assembly has the same washers! #$%&***!!!! So I need to "unfix" my original fix, then fix the right problem.

That looks like a single assembly on my system so it never occurred to me that the rollers were sticking up to where they hit the ALS. I grow too soon old and too late smart.

I will first test to see if the washers make the top of the rollers come out level with the installed powerstick. If so, then my "fix" will go un-changed so the powerstick payload will roll on the rollers correctly.

Thanks for the photos!

D

I would say if your set up is working for you now...then why change anything? Since I haven't had time to actually install anything...that is my question...will the rollers be too low to support the support deck on the powerstick? Let me know what you find with washer vs deck height of your powerstick set up. Thanks.

Anyone find that the eye-bolt for the cam handle as being too long? With the stock eye-bolt the cam handle is too long and won't engage the motor. Unless I'm looking at something wrong...but that's the only thing I can see as being able to change.

I know I'm posting posting posting here, but figure I would update the thread. I ended up using the stock eye bolt, but had to remove the nut that came on it. I believe the one in the directions has a longer thread than the one that was supplied. I can see now why there was a need for a second generation Powerstick. The Gen I is more like a working prototype or if it were software a beta version. There is an amount of "clunkiness" that hopefullly has been worked out of the second version. Operationally, I have yet to see how it functions, but it seems others are happy with their Gen I and are willing to put up with the idiosyncrasies. I'm glad to have the added flexibility. It would have been nice however, if the Powerstick Gen I had showed up a little better sorted.