Thread: Restart file at line #

Default Restart file at line #

Hi all,
    Not sure if this can be done but, I am cutting small parts through ecab link and one of the parts got sucked part way up the dust collection and jammed so Mr. Bot lost his position. Quit the job - rezero using prox switches - air cut through the file to the change bit (cuts dados first) zeroed bit and continued cut.

I know what line it stopped on 9015 but I don't see a way to start the file from a line number. It looks like the only option is to start from the beginning.

Anyone run across this using the link??

Thanks
    Tim
    Tim Lucas Custom Woodworks
    www.TLCW.us

The FG command will do this, however it has gotten better over time. Without knowing what version of SB3 you are running, I can't advise that you use it since it is possible for the cutter to go low and ruin the work.

My preference is to take the SBP and scroll down to line 9015. Copy & paste that line above it. Change the Z value to something positive like 1.000 to make sure it stays high when commanded. Then delete all lines above that newly pasted line (now line 9015) (ctrl + shift + page up or up arrow) until you get to the header portion of the file and delete those lines. KEEP THE STUFF IN THE HEADER that sets move speed, tool info etc. Then save the file out with a new name. When you run it, it will essentially start @ line 9015, with the Z up at 1.00".

If this file is part of a group of SBPs that is nested, you'll have to work your way around by editing just that file...which is more complicated.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    The FG command will do this, however it has gotten better over time. Without knowing what version of SB3 you are running, I can't advise that you use it since it is possible for the cutter to go low and ruin the work.

My preference is to take the SBP and scroll down to line 9015. Copy & paste that line above it. Change the Z value to something positive like 1.000 to make sure it stays high when commanded. Then delete all lines above that newly pasted line (now line 9015) (ctrl + shift + page up or up arrow) until you get to the header portion of the file and delete those lines. KEEP THE STUFF IN THE HEADER that sets move speed, tool info etc. Then save the file out with a new name. When you run it, it will essentially start @ line 9015, with the Z up at 1.00".

If this file is part of a group of SBPs that is nested, you'll have to work your way around by editing just that file...which is more complicated.

-B
    Brady, thank you, I am running 3.6.46
    Ran the fg and it looks like it should be OK

I air ran it, think this version is good with it?

Thanks
    Tim
    www.TLCW.us

Yes! Works like a champ!

Thanks again
    www.TLCW.us

OK good! Rock on!

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com