Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Hanger Systems

Default Star Hanger Systems

My Friend Kip Porter Has developed a system of Panel and Millwork fastening and systems. I install a lot of ADA restrooms and this has made a major difference in our time and Profit.

for My friends check this out

http://www.starhanger.com/

http://www.starhanger.com/pages/star...zero-animation

interesting system...now to study how we can use this for installations into concrete walls...
    Vector Studio 22

I have used it on lots of installs, we put a cleat attached with lead heads (Drive pins) then attached to the cleat, the one for direct to sheetrock wors really well and layout is a snap

This one was done on old Brick, it is some kind of expensive cork board
    Attached Images Attached Images

The quality is better than any I have ever used and the time savings is great. We were able to sell a panel system to a rural community center at half of what the architect prebid and made money

this wa hung directly on sheetrock

Jim,

Have you tried their "connector bolts" for pulling two adjacent panels together? It looks similar to a counter-top connector. At 9.95 for a 10-pack, it would work well for me for both functionality and time-savings.

I have been using Zip-Bolts (UT Mini 6mm x 100m) and really like them. But occasionally they strip out.

The Star Hanger connector bolts look simpler in design. I do wonder about the ease and reliability of the tightening system with an allen socket wrench. Also, I cannot find any specifications for the dimensions of the connectors, nor how thick/thin the connecting panels need to be. I believe I searched the entire Star website without finding any specifications for these bolts.
    Charles

Kip gave me some of the connector bolts Friday, I have been cutting prototypes of Jigs out for him and he showed me the handicap vanity setup as well. this is some pics of danny setting panels with the "Blue Zero " (Our Favorite for wood)

James,
    Do you have pics of the handicapped vanity?
    I'd like to hide my pipes in both bathrooms plus the kitchen sink, but still have very easy access and never came up with a super simple no tool design that went with the teak.
    Thanks,
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

I have been working on this for some time,, The purist ADA standard is based on a wall hanging porcelain sink.. Up until a few years ago the ADA vanity as we know it used a soap dispenser which was a pump this was no problem for the Angled undermount vanity because few had to worry about the removal of the panel on any consistant basis to change the soap, when Buildings began to use the electronic dispenser this required maintenance (Low paid cleaning personnel) to have to remove the panel, Naturally this lead to damaged panels and fastners which were not made to accommodate lots of use. the star hanger is far more durable and has a life expectancy to accommodate this.

For me there is still the issue of the heavy panels being handled bay basically those who do not care to keep it from being damaged (Basially it becomes a moving part) I have recreated the ADA to use a flat front panel with access doors to prevent this. so far this vanity has passed state. local and federal inspectors. I will soon make the plans available for all to use. I have one modification to make and we are incorporating the star hanger as an installation method.

Default Angle handicap

this is the angled handicap we are still using when an architect will not accept newer style. In the next couple of weeks I will post the flat pack method we are devloping

Thank you Very much James!
    I still have 2 sheets of the 3/4 Teak ply, but also saw 2 sheets of 1/4" Teak
    Think I'll go the 1/4" now that I saw his epoxy plates just to keep the weight down.
    Definitely angled mount and leaving the kick plate off and suspending framework from double layer of 3/4" the Kohlers are sunk into in bathrooms.
    Bookmarked Kips site...said the epoxy mounts"custom designed and manufactured? Does that mean a large minimum order? They look good for my Corian custom 3 sink corner kitchen unit, but that may take some thinking after I do baths.
    What's your kickboard(sorry about my non cabinet maker terminology) height? I quite regularly bash/scrape the tops of my feet on my shop cabinets which are 6". Kitchen cabinets are ok because because I dropped the space to 3 and 4" to lower granite countertop height for my manual sports chair(also let me lower upper cabinets so at least 2 shelves are accessible). short 3" section allowed lower counter height so upper cabinets stayed same height but still give enough height for a Kitchenaid mixer to be tucked in.
    Really appreciate it.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine