Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E-Stop woes have come to visit me

Angry E-Stop woes have come to visit me

Yesterday I started seeing e-stop weirdness on my '08 PRS. The indicator has a vertical red line in it rather than blacked out or flashing red. I can still move and cut. However, no C3. After powering down everything leaving it disconnected from power for a few and restarting same issue. I have pulled the #4 and ground out and made sure they were clean and had good contact. My multimeter died so I could not test the switch. (Me and that meter go back too. sniff) I also tried to jump #4 with ground to simulate a closed condition with no change in the interface.

This morning I am going to make sure the system ground is the same at the control box chassis and the mill. I also have to test the zzero switch.

Does anyone have any insight about what the issue might be here?
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Update:

ZZero works.

Board, Chassis, and mill ground is equal.

None of the proxy switches work and they are not lit.
    "Once a person moves away from the computer and CNC some of the most important work begins." ~Joe Crumley

Do you have good power to the 24v terminal for the proxies?

How's your wiring from the gantry to the box? Any chance that the wire got pinched or run over?

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

I have to go buy a new multi meter to validate the 24v. The wire looks good. I did pull the wire out of the #4 connector to make sure it was open and jump #4 and grnd to simulate a closed switch. No change on either of these tests.

My trusty Fluke AN77 has finally died. I thought the crazy readings were a battery issue. New battery and the crazy continues. I guess 26yrs is all you get out of these things.

I get this once in awhile where they will not work. I always forget what fixes it but after a waste of time they start working again.

Sometimes cycling the VN settings helps. Turn them on/off and see if they come back.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I have to go buy a new multi meter to validate the 24v. The wire looks good. I did pull the wire out of the #4 connector to make sure it was open and jump #4 and grnd to simulate a closed switch. No change on either of these tests.

My trusty Fluke AN77 has finally died. I thought the crazy readings were a battery issue. New battery and the crazy continues. I guess 26yrs is all you get out of these things.
    I have a Fluke 73 that goes back over 30years to when I was restoring C2 Corvettes- I feel your loss. Gene

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    Sometimes cycling the VN settings helps. Turn them on/off and see if they come back.

-B
    I did try this. With the estop though not the others.. Lets go see.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos View Post
    I did try this. With the estop though not the others.. Lets go see.
    yes and sometimes not. it is frustrating but luckily does not happen often till I go into work tomorrow of course.

Swapping the VN settings out and back had no affect.

Brady, looks like I only have a 12V out at the PS. I still dont have the replacement MM to test the voltage but that could tell a tale. I would rather replace a PS vs a control board.

Attached Images Attached Images