Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PVC with LED lights

I used to work for this company and then another trade show company. I cut for them at my shop. The first company doesn't have a cnc and the other company has 2 Biesse's a flat table and pod and rail that I ran when I worked for them but still cut their special jobs on my Shopbot. I can do it quicker and cheaper than they can in house due to they are not set up to do many one offs. Yes those are indoor but I have done the same for outdoor signs using dibond or HDU also some Plexi. I cut for 8 different sign company's as well

Good for you Jerry,

You're a good example of how a guy can use his equipment. There are many ways to enter this trade. Perhaps you could assist by suggesting ways to get started cutting wholesale.

Joe

This is a poor picture of an LED lite sign I made for a local tech company a few years ago. The rope light is held in place by a cove border in the sign and a mating cove border in the trim ring which are shallower than the rope allowing light to escape from the inner edge. The owner supplied the LED rope. DSC01932.jpg
    Carved and dimensional signs, Tolman Skiff kits, custom cnc cutting. www.SaltWaterWorkshop.com

Joe,

This is incredible. I'm new to signmaking and am working on a similar sign, 3' tall letters made out of PVC mounted to a corrugated metal building. Is there any chance you can detail how you go about mounting your sign to the building? I see some hints in the picture of the backside with the lights, the pvc blocks with a screw poking out that are glued to the letter.

Thanks,

Nick

Nick,

One of the advantages of this kind of signage is ease of installation. The background is solid and can be screwed directly to the building. For ease of installation I like to place L brackets on the building wall to hold the sign in place while screws go through to faces.

I have another one of these getting ready to go and I'll take a photo or two showing the fabrication process. The size is 14" X 15'. Install should be done next week. This is done by others but I'll see about taking a few snaps.

Joe