Thread: Price Increases?

Default Price Increases?

I know there was a price increase not too long ago on the Buddies and it looks like there is going to be another one. It also looks as if the price of the PowerStick is going to go up as well. Also, on the SB site it states $250 for the block and cam for mounting the PowerStick, but then it states for "older Buddies". Are the newer Buddies shipping with this installed, or perhaps SB has decided to use the PowerStick set up as the full time method for the table, thus deleting the nice healthy slab of aluminum I have for a table? Anyone know? I have been playing with the idea of getting a PowerStick but haven't really found the need for one, but if the price increases are going to be dramatic enough maybe now is the time. I'm also interested in knowing if the Buddies format has been changed- ie: What does an "older buddy" look like compared to a newer one?

Erik,

I just got a new Buddy this month so I can tell you that it does already have all the stuff required to install the Powerstick option (block, cam and release handle). That is about the only thing I can see that looks different. I bought the 12' stick and have been assured by the tech people that I can put it on and leave it on - which I plan to do. I don't know what I will do with that "healthy slab of aluminum" but I am sure something will pop up before too long. I installed the machine near my overhead door so I can do smaller projects (4' wide by approx. 4' long) with the door closed but will have to open it when I am using the full length of the stick. Fortunately I am in a warm climate so I don't think it will be a problem. Time will tell...

Mike

Thanks Michael,
    They should have given you the option to delete the aluminum table if you know you are never going to use it to save some cost. My understanding is that the PowerStick won't be as accurate as the table, but I would love to hear what you have to say about that. Maybe you could drill the table and mount it to the Powerstick to create a nice wide base for what ever you use for a spoil board. Then again its pretty early still and it could be a pretty hair brained idea. Anyone on the price increase.

I guess the new Buddies are only coming with a shorter fatter version of the powerstick...so no more aluminum table.