Thread: Buddy Pictures, Table drive mechanics

Default Buddy Pictures, Table drive mechanics

Hello,

I'm considering a Buddy 48 for a special project that would require modifications to the table and drive system, does anyone have pictures available of the mechanical components and their interaction. I need to take pictures to a local machine shop for his input on my idea. In other words, can it be built?

Also, I have had a good experience with the Columbo 3 HP spindle, but for this application I'd like to go larger. What are the pros and cons between the 4 HP and 5 HP spindles offered by ShopBot, Columbo versus HSD, other than price?

--
    Thank You,

Louis

Louis,

With a Powerstick attachment you remove the table and are left with approx. a 4" wide by 1 1/2" piece (by the length of the stick plus 2 feet - a 12 foot Powerstick is 14 feet long for example) that you can attach anything you want to using the T-tracks. Let me know what kind of pictures you want and I can fire up the digital when I get home tonight. I just installed a 12' Powerstick this weekend so it will be easy for me to shoot.

Mike

I will need to "bend" the powerstick and table in order to remain perpendicular while machining curved panels. Pictures of the drive and powerstick, along with any guides or supports would be helpful.

Thank you

why not get talk to shopbot about a custom solution?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelic...7604075473143/

This is Oscar's page. The Buddys don't come the same way anymore...the power stick is the only way they come...no aluminum table...the whole set up has changed for the x table.

http://shopbottools.com/documentation.htm#Buddy_Setup

You can view that here...also if you download the set up PDF you can see some closer up pictures.

Page 6 of the pdf does show the basic idea. I had seen Oscar's pictures, the new machines are quite different, I'm glad I learned of this.

I had asked Shopbot for pictures and was told they are all on the website, I just hadn't searched the setup document.

Any further pictures of the under table area will be appreciated, email to the address in the profile.

This project will take a bit of developement, I'll post results as soon as I can.

Thank you!