Thread: Aspire Software

Default Aspire Software

Not sure if this is the correct spot to ask this question or not but when I purchased my ShopBot I got a computer with it with a preloaded copy of aspire 3D on it
    Unfortunately that computer is going to the crapper and I was not provided a copy of the software or its product code. I have contacted the person I bought the table off of I have contacted aspire I have asked to join the forum all to no avail!
    Am I stuck here?
    To I have to shell out the $2k for new software or is there a way to transfer the software to a new computer!

Please help I am getting behind on jobs and the computer is in complete disarray

Thanks
    Jeremey
    malmeystudios@gmail.com

Not long ago i was doing some estate planning and contacted vectric to ask how to transfer the software in the event of my passing. this was their response:

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TRANSFER THE SOFTWARE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    Hello ​Rick,
    You can transfer your license, we would just need you to let us know the name and email address of the
    person who is purchasing the router and for you to let us know the following:
    1. That you have deleted all copies of the software from any computer on which it is installed
    and that you have transferred any copies of the media to the new owner.
    2. The Name (and company name if they have one) of the new owner.
    3. The email address of the new owner.
    The new owner would need to pay a $50 license transfer fee.
    Details of the transfer policy can be found here:
    http://support.vectric.com/aspire-qu...ransfer-policy
    The new owner would then be given new license details.
    I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let us know.
    Regards,

If you use Bellarc software, it will pull the license keys for windows and Office, etc. I am sure it will pull the license key for this as well. Then you need to transfer your software to the new machine and use those keys to activate the software in your new harddrive. IIRC, the software (Bellarc) is cheap or free. If your drive is toast, then you may have to have media... which sends you directly back the computer shop and Vectric. They are not trying to mess you over, they just need to protect the value of their hard work.

And if you go back to Vectric, you will likely need to pay for a newer version, which will stack a few $ onto the transaction- but I am sure they will be good to you. (I have bought used machines and ShopBot has helped me to transfer the software (and upgrade, too, when appropriate). You may want to speak to ShopBot, because they aren't across the great pond!

Just my 2c worth.

Monty

Thanks guys! I just cloned the HD and dumped them into a new computer, worked great but reset all my machine settings now I'm dealing with that