Thread: Process tracking and logging

Default Process tracking and logging

We've developed a system that works with the shopbot software to track the progress of each customers build as it progresses through our process.

Nice! Reminds me of the MES (manufacturing execution system) I was hired to build years ago. It used touch-screen monitors and barcode scanners to track the product through the line. No emails...but wrote all the data to a SQL server with a front end reporting system.

I'm curious to hear if this alleviates the antsy " 'baby bird' where's my stuff" syndrome compared to how you've done it in the past. Please let us know how it is working for you.

Kudos for being such a great innovator, Sean.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brady Watson View Post
    Nice! Reminds me of the MES (manufacturing execution system) I was hired to build years ago. It used touch-screen monitors and barcode scanners to track the product through the line. No emails...but wrote all the data to a SQL server with a front end reporting system.

I'm curious to hear if this alleviates the antsy " 'baby bird' where's my stuff" syndrome compared to how you've done it in the past. Please let us know how it is working for you.

Kudos for being such a great innovator, Sean.

-B
    The logging portion from the shopbots is actually stupid simple Brady. I don't know if I'm too keen to share that part yet. We then have a piece of software on a computer that just reviews log files once an hour, compiles all the information in one place and sends out e-mails.