Thread: photograph in epoxy?

Default photograph in epoxy?

I have some real cool photos my son sent when he was in the marines and i'd like to embed them in this bar top and wondered if it is possible to embed them in the top with epoxy or if anyone has tried anything like that?
    I have seen pictures and objects embedded in lexan but figured it might not work in epoxy?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Google: bar-top encasement epoxy

There are plenty of options. Epoxy, polyurethane, polyester...take your pick. I'd advise getting something with UV protection.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

It is very common with tabletop epoxy. E.G. UScomposites.com had some instructions about that. I never tried photographs but remember from the instructions you must seal them somehow (laquer?) or the epoxy will soak into the print paper and make it translucent.

What in interesting idea!
    The inkjet printer that you are probably sitting right next to will print on pretty much anything.
    How about printing your photo on plastic substrate, like the stuff used on car wraps?
    This brings up a discussion about a whole lot of stuff that you could do by combing photos, artwork, and just about any
    image that you could lay your hands on.

If I remember correctly the Whole Foods in Cville has an interesting beer bar/counter in the back with a something similar, beer labels i think.

Bob T.......I am in Cville. Do you have a Shopbot? We need to get together some time. I have a 5x10 table with an indexer, i'd like to see your set up email me sometime myxpykalix@hotmail.com
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson