Thread: ATC Problems

Angry ATC Problems

We are getting a Driver/Motor fault when running the C3 homing routine, we made sure all the rails were clear and nothing is physically blocking motors, still getting it. Next, the X-axis control in the control software is moving the Y-axis and vise versa now too. Tried to do a complete re-setup and still getting driver/motor faults and switched axis controls!!! Frustration is setting in!

It's something stupid/simple. I would first delete the ShopBot.ini file and let it make a new one in SB3. It should do this automatically.

Second, verify that the limits are ON via VN. Then take a metal screwdriver, coin etc and test the Z axis prox switch located on the back of the YZ car under the Z motor. You'll have to access it from the top or bottom of the Z. See if the input light lights up when you put metal to it...and that the sensor LED itself goes out doing the same thing. If it does, your target is off and will have to be adjusted. If it doesn't, then wiring or another config is messed up.

You are probably getting the motor fault error because the Z is hitting the hard stops instead of the soft limit and it kills the driver.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Also make sure the sensors have not come in contact with the targets/bolts. If they are even slightly damaged they can give you that message. Replacing the sensors fixed this problem for me.

I fixed the Motor faults, but the X & Y axis are still switched in the control software...we haven't rewired anything, it just happened one morning. I reloaded the control software and still is happening.

Run VI command and make sure it says XYZAB right down the line, Channels 1 thru 5 respectively.

-B
    High Definition 3D Laser Scanning Services - Advanced ShopBot CNC Training and Consultation - Vectric Custom Video Training IBILD.com

Thanks Brady---the X and Y were switched, I changed it back and we are good to go! I appreciate your help. What would have caused that to change (just for future reference)

I don't have a definitive answer as to how that happened on your machine. Sometimes things get corrupted and other times commands are entered erroneously...Anything is possible.

Glad you got it sorted

-B