Thread: Starting a sign shop

Default Starting a sign shop

i am a disabled,vet, and I can get the VA to help me start a sign shop. I am in need of a sample small,shop/startup business plan. I realize that so,e of the information in these plans are proprietary, and you have my word, and a lawsuit against me if I share your info.

I just need to,show the business profitable in 18 months. If you know of a location where I may be able to,glean this information in other ways, please let me,know.

David

David,

My hats off to you with the new business venture.

Not sure there's such a profile for the sign trade. Perhaps you could check with one of the franchise sign company offerings like "Signs Now" or "Fast Signs". They help set up new businesses all the time. Might be a starting place.

Keep in mind you this trade has several avenue's. Are you thinking of a general commercial work or a specific wholesale kind of operation. And what kind of client base are you after?

Joe
    www.normansignco.com
    Last edited by joe; 11-21-2015 at 11:34 AM.

You might try to get advice on business plans, ect from local AARP chapter, or your local "Board for Aging" (ours is Jefferson Area Board for Aging) made up of volunteer retired professional people.
    There should be someone with a disabled vets hospital that could point you in the right direction for outside business help possibly.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

David, I had to write a Business plan for DARS ( Department of Assistive Services) I will help you any way I can.

send me a email address were I can send you some info.

Tim

This being a CNC router board I am assuming you mean 3D signage? If so- this is a good board: 3dsignforum.com

I hope you have good graphic skills and have worked as a designer + computer operator+ carpenter + painter + etc. If you think starting a sign business is easy, you will realize it is the opposite.

I think he meant the local SCORE chapter (Retired Executives). They help with business plans as well as helping start-ups with advice.
    They are a volunteer affiliate with the SBA (Small Business Association) I'm sure they have a chapter in Little Rock.

David, I would recommend you join the forums at www.signs101.com and explain your position and ask the same question over there. The forum is full of folks that have started their own sign shops, me included!