Thread: figuring out various part sizes?

Default figuring out various part sizes?

I'm looking at buying this model of a table off of ebay and in trying to get answers from the seller he is of a different language and doesn't seem to understand what i'm trying to ask.
    What i'm trying to find out if he has a list of the parts and their sizes. I can download one part for inspection but when i load it up it is super big and does not load as it's proper size. If i know what the proper size is, even if it is metric (even though that is what it is) I can resize it.

So assuming i cannot get the proper sizes in a list, is there anything within the structure of the part anywhere that will tell me what it's original part size is? Because there is a few different parts i want to make sure i'm scaling them os they are all the same and correct sizes to fit together.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261933960618?euid=fc58b16cc588467c877b83eca3642c27 &cp=1&exe=13453&ext=34391&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=e xt

http://cncsquid.net/mymodels/Carved-...connection.STL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Why not scale the table assembly to the hight you want? all the parts will scale and be the size needed.

They are all seperate parts. This actually is a dining room table. I initially thought it was a coffee table. You could use it for either i'm sure but without knowing original part sizes the chance of making the legs too small in relation to another part is easy to do. I'll try to get my question answered from the guy. I just thought their might be something hidden in the part that might give me a clue to it's original size. I know some programs have unseen attachable descriptor files, i've heard, but have never seen.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

You can still do it with separate parts, if you want a 29 inch tall dining table with a 1.5 top scale the leg to 27.5 tall make note of the scale ratio and do all the other parts to that scale.