Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bumpbar

Default Bumpbar

So down at the McGrew camp this past May, I purchased a "bumpbar" (remote keyboard) from KRC. Shopbot now offers them for sale. At the camp, there was just the program and overlay for the keypad for the Camaster CNC. Now the Shopbot program and overlay is available.

Just finally had the time to set it up (its quite simple) and try it out today. You can move the XYZ around, step in fine and very fine mode (50 thou and 3 thou increments), do the XY zero routine, Z zero routine, start and stop programs.

This will be very, very nice when setting up bits, and now being able to be in front of the cutter rather than going back and forth from the computer keyboard.

Just thought I'd pass the info along in case other might want to get one.

the Shopbot blog posting: http://www.shopbotblog.com/2015/07/s...e-krs-bumpbar/

Sorry I wrote "KRC" but the company is "KRS"

I bought one a while back also. Its great when you want to be up close to the spindle to get an exact line up, and you cant reach the keyboard. Real simple to install, just plug and play.

Thanks for the heads up- just ordered mine. Very reasonable price for the value it will bring in efficiency.

Merry Christmas to me!

jeff

I must be blind... Where can I order it?
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Has anyone ever tried using teamviewer and a tablet or smart phone? I use teamviewer and logmein all the time to remotely control different PCs in our operation, but have not found the need on the CNCs. Seems like a simpler concept to just take control of the machine with your cell phone/tablet and utilize the same interface.

They are 170 for the new version on the KRS site. Old ones discounted.

http://www.krscorporation.com/bumpbar-Info.html

Andrew
    I bought one also. And have not set it up yet. Did you make up your own overlay?
    Looks like its time to set it up
    Life is like a project you continue to work on until it's finished.
    Never start a project you don't intend to finish!

I've been using one of these for quite a while now and like it. Everything you could need and then some for commands right at the point of attack. Just need that big screen on the wall behind the Bot.

Logitech K400r

Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Sully View Post
    Andrew
    I bought one also. And have not set it up yet. Did you make up your own overlay?
    Looks like its time to set it up
    Ken its so easy even I did it, lol.. and some days I have a hard time turning a computer on.

Go here:

http://bumpbar.com/

Click the "CNC users" icon. Then download the configuration program, and the shopbot file. Also you can print out the shopbot overlay. I just put heavy clear packing tape over mine but you can get fancy and laminate yours.

Once you have the config file loaded, you open it, plug in the bumpbar while holding two buttons down (there is a PDF explaining this on the site) and it enters program mode. Then select the Shopbot config file you downloaded and it will program the unit to correspond to the printed overlay.

Easy as that. When you're done just plug the bumpbar into your shopbot control computer and it is ready to go - no software to load or other things to do.

For me, using another keyboard, or my cellphone, etc isnt an attractive option. I dont have internet connection at the shop, and no wifi etc. This unit is completely sealed and dust free, and has a 15' cord or so. Lots of room to maneuver around the machine if needed. It has the basic commands that I need to set up a bit, slew the router around, zero things etc and three free buttons you can program to do what you want them to (although I dont know how exactly to do that currently).