Thread: Meshcam anyone?

Default Meshcam anyone?

I've been watching a lot of metal cutting work and the tool path is quite a bit different than in general on a ShopBot or can be easily created in PW. Is anyone using Meshcam and could tell me their experiences? I'm cutting/ machining some pretty stout aluminum and see where I could be working it differently.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like basic 2d vector machining, what would Meshcam have that would be an advantage you are looking for?

Maybe its me. i just see metal milling videos that have different moves than wood milling and I wondered if it was SW specific.
    Screw drive PRS Alpha, Trotec 400/80w, Fiber 30w.

MeshCAM is not the tool to use for @d work like you're showing in your pics. MeshCAM was originally designed to machine 3D meshes.
    Over the years, many features have been added to make it more 2D friendly, but there is still far less control than a CAM program with 2D tools.

Fwiw, I'm not anti MeshCAM at all, and have been using it since the first beta. But, I use it for 3D work only. Software is a tool, and I prefer to use the best tool for the job.