Thread: Unofficial Camps?

Default Unofficial Camps?

Are there any unofficial camps? For example, if someone wanted to hold an open house for SB users to come and discuss projects etc... and not any money for it.

Thoughts?

I think it is hard enough for guys to get away to come to big camps. You might try to find out what other Shopbot owners are within your vicinity and just try to visit with each other.
    Whereabouts in Paw Paw are you? We have a farm right across the street from The Fish Hatchery on Fish Hatchery Road off M43(?) Where are you in relaltion to that?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

We've talked before on here...

I'm the shop teacher at Paw Paw High School.

I have a great space that would be great for a camp... it's exactly 1/2 way between Chicago and Detroit and an hour from Grand Rapids. We have a 27 seat design lab with aspire 8 and autodesk 2016 (Autocad and Inventor). We have a 1700sq ft. shop and a PRS Alpha 96x48 with air drill.

My idea was to do a monthly "open house" for people to come in and share knowledge and just network with each other.

I know that I would drive from Detroit to PawPaw to do this. What a great idea!! Count me in.

Rich

Definitely! We encourage ShopBot users/owners to get together and share! We'd love to have Camps all over the country but it isn't feasible. Regional user groups, organized locally, are much more attainable and flexible, and let's each group be more in control of things such as how regularly you meet or discussion topics and local guest speakers.

We are working on a short 'recipe card' that folks could use to start a ShopBot user group in their area. Knowing that not all of us are gifted at social media or new routines, the recipe card will give some tips and how-tos on things such as marketing your user group and how to find a co-organizer so 1 person isn't doing all the heavy lifting.

Stay tuned for more info about this in the next few months on the forum and also probably in our e-newsletter.

Love to see something similar in Australia....but I fear we are too few and too spread out! Hey Shopbot you need to sell more units here😜😜
    Buddy 48 Standard with 2.2 Hp Spindle with standard and 6' stick. Aspire 10.5
    2.2Hp universal 4 zone Vac Table

I would be interested in this, would be willing to host one after my machine is finished.