Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Making an AR-15 with a CNC

Quote Originally Posted by Xray View Post
    Are you proposing that if Canada was suddenly flooded with 1,000,000's of guns, the present population would just start shooting each other ?
    I don't understand where you came up with this.

No, they would all be turned in to the police to be destroyed. We just don't have the culture of guns, killing etc...
    Guns are well regulated, and just not part of Canadian society.

I do luv Canada and go there often, but alberta and BC. Who knows who's fault it is but i think it started with LBJ who helped start the welfare state and not one president sense has fixed it. Ultimately this created a no father in the home and add to this a drug/thug culture and decent people dont stand a chance. Perhaps Canada does not have this type problem.

I agree with rb99.

Like cowboy say, we need to blame someone. That liberal LBJ seems like a good candidate.

This country is still living in the "Wild West" mode.

image.png

Need a drink
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Came across a theory called the Medea hypothesis. Something about the reason we haven't found other life in the universe (though we keep looking) is that we carry within us a suicide gene that won't allow us to become the dominant incurable species of a planet. As technology evolves it makes it easier and easier to do larger damage from fewer individuals. At some point, one individual will have the means to wipe us out and will do so.
    Maybe someone will be able to print themselves out an ebola virus and unleash it on the world, etc... That this may be happenning thruout the universe and would explain why there has been no evidence of life found resulting in the Fermi paradox (how can there be millions of planets harboring life in the universe but we haven't found any evidence?)
    Interesting theory as we watch more and more powerful technology become more and more accessible and affordable.
    Personally speaking I think our all knowing constitution has predicted this possibility, over 200 years ago, and we can rest easy.
    As an aside, I believe that when a tragedy happens and a toddler shoots someone with a gun, under those circumstances when police are unable to intercede in time, then the only thing that can stop a bad toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun!
    Last edited by chunkstyle; 01-04-2016 at 11:19 AM.

I'm too am very impressed at the tolerance shown on this forum. Lots of high quality people.

Quality and me in the same sentence, are you sure. I have not only seen Blue Bell slammed but Dodge pickups as well in the last couple of days. That should be enough to ruffle your feathers : ) Regardless of what side of the issue you take, one thing we almost have to agree on is that we live in a strange time. Currently we have armed men occupying a a federal piece of property in Oregon. Are they patriots or are they criminals, i guess that would depend on who you ask.