Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Making an AR-15 with a CNC

Guys...I didn't mean for this thread to be a referendum on the 2nd amendment but was just trying to show how far CNC has come. This was done by the same guy who made a 3D printed pistol.
    I just thought it was an interesting article from a "maker" standpoint. I would never trust anything that wasn't precision made like my Glock! (I guess that tells you where I stand)...

I have seen for decades the decline in our manufacturing capabilities and although i don't think CNC and 3D printers will replace industries, it does fill a niche.

Cowboy...based on that picture you posted if you think that you have to learn how to finish, i'd say you were a bit early for April Fool. That is fantastic!
    I need to make a police badge for our retiring police chief and i'd like to talk to you about how you are able to get a smooth finish and some other questions i have. Good job.
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

I suspect that terrorists grab more attention because they are a largely foreign force trying to impose their political/ideological/religious will with the threat of random mass murders on the civilian population in a high profile manner [to state the obvious].

In either case, you would be praying for a "regular gun owner" to be on the scene if you were accosted by either a terrorist or a violent criminal.[/QUOTE]

As a reminder, this forum is set-up and maintained by ShopBot Tools for ShopBotters and interested users of ShopBot CNC tools. Kindly keep topics relevant to ShopBot and CNC. For reference please see the Forum Rules and Instructions.
    {Link: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...d-Instructions }

As for being 'scared' of 'Cowboy', I'll welcome him having my back any day. And even though I'm not a veteran, I'd have his back too! BTW Cowboy, beautiful piece!
    Scott

Hi noon or low noon i am always willing to talk about the second. Being Texan through and through i will keep my eye on the new open carry law that went into effect a few hours ago.

not sure if you have my email or not but I will pm it to you and we can work on the police badge design.

Scott as usual you are spot on correct and you know a little about my history. Thanks for the kind words about the plaque. Its a husband having it made for his wife.

Why is it not illegal to sell a machine to make guns? Is that not like distributing?

I must confess, it's fun to throw a liberal, peace bone, into the ring of you gun totters. My apology. But we really should be much safer. Right

Its New Years day Joe and i am having a little fun. I have always wanted to go to a school where you were a teacher, came close once but the deal fell through.

In ref to selling a machine that can make a gun is like saying its illegal to make cars because the driver might drive drunk and kill someone. And i dont mean that in a mean spirited way just making the comparison. besides i would expect the gun to blow up in your face with that cheap of a cnc.

Back to my original request: I still need an ar-15 3d model if anyone can point me in the right direction.

This thread needs to come to an end!

I have a nice generic SMG model that looks a bit like an AR, also a Ruger and a Glock., pm if anyone wants the file.

As to why terrorist attacks get all the hype while routine murders, which far, far outnumber terrorist casualties [at least within the USA] are largely ignored ... Human nature & media/political agenda.
    Same as when a large aircraft crashes, instant international news and all the while, car crashes far outnumber aircraft crashes but there is not much publicity about them. It is sensationalist hype in a way, but the media pushes and hypes what sells, and terrorism fits the bill for many different agendas.

As I type they are plotting more outrages and massacres on our soil, not good to get complacent just because the danger is not personally gripping your throat this instant. A loved one of yours becomes victim to these foreign zealots you'll be singing a different tune, I pray that never happens but the reality of the situation must be faced, not excused or rationalized. Many trojans are in our midst thanks to open borders, government and LE cannot and will not always protect us.

Edit: Relax Joe, we are all grown men here, no ones getting hot under the collar.
    Maybe you should just unsubscribe the topic if you are bothered so much by a little contemporary social discourse.

As a reminder, this forum is set-up and maintained by ShopBot Tools for ShopBotters and interested users of ShopBot CNC tools. Kindly keep topics relevant to ShopBot and CNC. For reference please see the Forum Rules and Instructions.
    {Link: http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/sho...d-Instructions }
    ShopBot Details:
    2013 PRS 96x60x12 (Centroid upgrade)
    4hp Spindle
    12" indexer
    Aspire
    Rhino
    Fusion 360
    Ferrari 360
    Prusa MK3S+
    Prusa XL multi-tool

I need some more popcorn for all this
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.