Thread: new computer

Cool new computer

seems my dinosaur has died need to get new computer going to go with a lap top...all have windows 10 and 64 bit anyone using such and having any problems..probably not but checking before I sink any money into it.

I am very happy with my new windows 10 laptop/table, works fine with Aspire 8 and everything else i've thrown at it. It also has the ability to switch to Windows 7 look and feel which I like too.

Joe
    2005 PRT Alpha 48x96
    2013 Colombo 3hp spindle
    Indexer (converted lathe)
    Aspire 9.0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311369298261...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I purchased this panasonic toughbook factory refurbished months ago and am happy with it. This has a SSD drive in it and Win 7 which may be what has finally made the difference for me. I have a 2001 PRT with 4G upgrade and have had a lot of problems over the last year and a half since 4G upgrade with comm errors but things are going great now. I had tired several different desktops with no different results. However I think our bots all have different personalities (kind of like our dogs) so my Bot just liked this particular motherboard, HD, etc.....it can be frustrating. I am not suggesting you follow my lead, but just letting you know how I solved my problem. I am also running the latest SB control software now (which many have said not to). Main thing on the Tough book is to not use the touch screen (and that stinks cause that was gonna be the cool part) and I have been told to go into settings and disable it, but I haven't disabled it yet. I only use the touch pad down by the keyboard to open and run files. No mouse, no design software done on this computer at all, no internet, bare bones, fresh factory install as it came to me etc. It is also great for dirty work environments.

I am looking at one of those new Shopbot Handheld Keypads though, now that would make things a lot easier since I don't have the wireless keyboard anymore.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Dave