Thread: Trophy Wine Cabinet

Default Trophy Wine Cabinet

Mr. Polumbo when I got my machine said to look around you for ideas for products, etc. In visiting a Napa winery, I saw all of the possible sized bottles in a row and upon driving home to my wine country area of Mendocino County, I thought of creating a very fancy presentation case that might house many sizes and as I developed it would be able to be presented in multiple ways....I envisioned it for something like very special Screaming Eagle wines that only the wealthy can afford in their very fancy personal cellars...
    What you see is the first effort at cutting a 3d shape in nice wood back when I had Aspire 1. Woods used are Wenge, African Mahogany, Zebra, and Cherry. It is gilded inside and on the face with copper based papers. I used Neodymium magnets to keep the front doors closed...The golden cord adjusts and holds any of 6 sized bottles from falling out.
    The case is made to go on a wall, sit flat on a table and be visually complete on all sides, or to sit up on a table at an angle. The bottom holder adjusts to two locations...
    This required several years to complete and 100+ hours. I did finally get around to putting the finishing touches in early 2015.
    I have been unable to sell it, nor even get interest in it for charity purposes ...So it sits. But my ShopBot did a great job on the grape relief. As I recall, it took about 12+ hours to cut it...
    The sides were variably grooved by the Aspire program and took about 6 - 8 hours to do those...
    It became more and more obvious after starting that this was only going to be a one of a kind project...Unfortunately, for me what I have thought would be of interest to others has proven not to be the case on many fronts.. The making of money with my Bot has eluded me...
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need a glass door with the etching "in case of emergency break glass". just kidding that is some beautiful work.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here, it just amazes me that we all have the same equipment but I don't recall anything like that coming off of my table! That is really an excellent piece, well done! Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

As its a one off high value item have you thought about running it on Etsy? For what its worth I reckon its pretty hard not to make money on your bot. As many here will aggree the key is finding your niche market or alternatively going down the high volume, low margin model of Genek.
    Buddy BT48 with 6' power stick
    2.2 HSD Spindle
    Aspire 9.5
    6" ShopBot Indexer