Thread: Fusion 360 Shopbot Tutorial

Default Fusion 360 Shopbot Tutorial

Folks,

I am teacher who just started using Shopbot in the classroom. Students are very excited. Has anyone used the Fusion 360 Shopbot video/tutorial in the classroom. I am thinking of making presentation slides to accompany the video. I will share my slides, is anyone interested? I see mention of curricular materials on the forum but I don't see where they are posted.

Thanks In Advance
    Tom Dubick
    FabLab Charlotte Latin School

Hey Tom,
    I have not used the Fusion 360 but I am in Kernersville and would be willing to help if you need anything else.

Will

Don't know if this is what you are looking for in particular but, from the Fusion 360 website:

All of the datasets needed to complete the Fusion 360 Training lessons are accessible from within the software. To access them, use the following procedure:

• If the Data Panel is not currently shown, click the Show Data Panel icon () at the top of the screen. The Data Panel appears at the left side of the program window.
    • The top level (home view) of the Data Panel is divided into two subsections - PROJECTS and SAMPLES. Scroll to the bottom of the PROJECTS list if necessary to see the SAMPLES list.
    • Locate the Training entry under SAMPLES and double-click it. The Data Panel now displays a list of the folders containing the training lesson datasets. The folder names match the associated training lesson names. Note: Clicking the link within the Training entry opens this Fusion 360 Training web page. To access the datasets, double-click elsewhere in the Training entry (not on the web page link).
    • Locate the folder of interest and double-click it to see a list of the available model files. Some lessons only contain a single dataset. Others contain multiple datasets.

Russ
    AKA: Da Train Guy

Thanks for the offer Will.

We just recently had our successful project where we design in Fusion 360 and cut the project on our Shopbot. I am putting together a lesson plan for using Fusion 360 with a shopbot. I have already made a checklist of sorts. I am happy to share.

Tom
    Charlotte Latin School
    Fab Lab Charlotte Latin

Quote Originally Posted by tomdubick View Post
    Thanks for the offer Will.

We just recently had our successful project where we design in Fusion 360 and cut the project on our Shopbot. I am putting together a lesson plan for using Fusion 360 with a shopbot. I have already made a checklist of sorts. I am happy to share.

Tom
    Charlotte Latin School
    Fab Lab Charlotte Latin
    Would love to see this. F.360 is the official 'go to' program for PLTW-CIM (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) - we're adding that next year. Would be nice to see you perspective!

Anyone interested in Fusion 360 might be interested in a very nice and Free tutorial series on Gumroad and ArtStation by Michael Pavlovich.
    He is a very skilled 3d artist and college instructor, so I was happy to find this level of course for free.
    the link is https://gumroad.com/pavlovich
    or Here for Artstation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Xae6w

Tom,

It's so good to see you posting on this topic.

Good luck with your 3d teaching program.I'm excited for you guys.

I may be posting an example or two of animals and sculpture, rendered at full size, by our neighbor Synopsis. At this time they're half way through sculpture of African Elephants. They are rendered in 2lb HDU and cast in bronze. It's always fun to rub shoulders with the artists.

Joe

Wow... that sounds amazing! And what a cool project.

Default PLTW CIM and Fusions 360?

I thought Inventor was the go to program for CIM? I went to training last year and that is what we used. They switched from Edgecam to HSM.

Tom, did you ever come up with the student lessons for Fusion360?

Thanks, Ed

Tom, can you share your lesson plans? Thank you Ed