Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replaced G202s with G203Vs weirdness

Default Replaced G202s with G203Vs weirdness

Ok. This is pretty strange. On my PRT4G I had a bad geckodrive (G202) so I made the plunge and replaced all of them with G203Vs. That was easy enough. I changed the jumper on the control board from +5V/ground to ground /common which was also pretty easy. When I fired up the machine, I tried to move the gantry from the middle of the table towards 0,0 but it went the otherway. No matter what I input on the console, it will only move towards the other end of the table.
    Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?
    I emailed Shopbot Support but I am guessing they are busy dealing with the weather.
    Regards
    Peter

On the shopbot control type vu and change the x and y values to the opposite of which they are. If it's positive try a negative number, if negative try a positive number.
    I'm not sure if this will fix it but could be an issue.

I will go back to the shop and give that a try. I will.let you know how that works out.

I can't enter a -1 value for x, y or z resolution multiples. When I do enter it and hit ok, I get booted out of the control panel.....so that isn't it...
    I wonder about flashing the firmware....if only I could remember how to do that.

It is the unit values you want to change to a negative, not the resolution values.
    Alternately there are two wires in the wago to the motor you can reverse to fix this but I forget which ones they are.
    When Brady chimes in (If he isn't snowed under) he would know.

Oh, got it. I changed the X and Y values from positive to negative, and the gantry still only moves one way (away from 0,0). I checked the install on the G203Vs and they are definitely seem to me to be in the terminal boards correctly. I reflashed the firmware but that did not change anything.
    I am using SB 3.6.46.
    I checked transmission efficiency and that is ~86%.
    Kind of stumped...
    One other bit of weirdness is that when I turn on the control box, the red light on each of the G203Vs comes on momentarily and the turns off. The red light on the G202s remained lit up...

I may have misunderstood your issue.
    If you are in the middle of the table and you tell it to move to x24,y24 it moves to x 72, y48?
    Are you in relative mode rather then absolute?

When I was at the middle of the table (60, 30), I typed M2 40, 20, hit enter and it went towards the other end of the table (away from 0,0) but the readout was like it was headed towards 40, 20. If I typed MX -2, it still went away from 0,0.
    I am going to check to make sure I was not in relative mode (I don't think I was). And then I am going to put the G202's back in (and switch the jumper back to +5V/ground).....

Quote Originally Posted by Greybarn View Post
    When I was at the middle of the table (60, 30), I typed M2 40, 20, hit enter and it went towards the other end of the table (away from 0,0) but the readout was like it was headed towards 40, 20. If I typed MX -2, it still went away from 0,0.
    I am going to check to make sure I was not in relative mode (I don't think I was). And then I am going to put the G202's back in (and switch the jumper back to +5V/ground).....
    when your in the middle of the table what is the x and y showing on your screen

When I first turned it, it showed 60, 30 (table is 120 x 60) which is the middle of the table for me. Right now it is near the corner diagonally away from 0,0 and the screen says 56, 40.5. I am in absolute. If I type MX 55.5 it moves further away from 0,0 and the screen says 55.5, 40.5.