Thread: SB3 Freezes up

Default SB3 Freezes up

Just connected a new computer and installed 3-6-46 (which is what I need for my PRTAlpha). Connection went fine (which is unusual for me), but everything Freezes up when I try to C3, C2 or JH. I can MH, move the gantry with either the J or M command, or us the K command to move. I have to totally shut the computer off and restart. I have installed firmware. Am I missing something obvious? Any help appreciated.

Jon, Just did the same thing for second Desktop last month, and I missed a couple automatic updates(shut off or uninstall), a couple of power settings that weren't set to NEVER turn off--had to go into advanced power options to get everything. Also it was searching for a wi-fi connection until I shut it off.
    Just mentioning as I had some glitches before I got everything right, had to do a UR and firmware and then all better.
    scott
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine

Luckily I never have these issues and I have all the normal background processes running, virus scan, firewall, even virtual emulators

I've never changed any setting either

Running how it came out of the box

Makes me wonder why so many experience issues and others do not.

Driver/brand compatibility?
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Are you plugged into a USB3 port

Jerrys question made me remember I also only have a usb 3 connection on my surface tablet running Windows 8

And the machine runs off a usb hub that also runs my wireless mouse - sharing the single usb 3 connection

1 solid year and no issues

So I just wonder if the issues people have are caused from something else and it's a quirk when it works from making changes
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Just got home and did all three of Scott's suggestions (thanks!). Still Freezes when I try c3, c2 or JH (may also be others).

I can move the tool with j2, m2 and along a single axis. Any other feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I was going to sent into tech support after trying Scott's suggestions.

To those of you who never have issues such as this, I envy you.

Try running the speedtest.exe program found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ShopBot\Diagnostics" and see what your transmission efficiency % is. The USB system on your new PC may not be up to the task. Are you using a USB hub? Using a hub can improve it by getting the SB controller on an 'Enhanced USB controller'. You can also use the USBview.exe in the same folder to see what kind of USB controller the ShopBot is on and what else may be on with it. Try to get it on a USB controller by itself. A wireless mouse/keyboard on the same USB controller can mess with it too.
    Scott

Scott - Thanks for all you help. You suggestions pointed me in the right direction and the addition of a usb 2.0 got my speed test up to 81% and the bot is running great. Thanks again!

Good to hear! Just for curiosity sake, what was the speed test % before?
    Scott