Thread: Extira uses

Default Extira uses

I've been asked to make some Gothic window panes for a large cupola and I am wondering if extira would be a good product to use. Basically it will be a carved MDF cabinet door, 24" wide X 36" tall. I plan to rout the back out for one large piece of glass rather than true divided lite. They will get plenty of sun and weather exposure. The will not bare any weight. Would this hold up with a good paint job?

Should do fine. Seal all before assembly and install whether exposed or not.
    Not sure about code acceptability though. Aren't you in Hurricane territory?
    Exterior windows and doors can be hell to get approved. Without approval their insurance may have an issue.
    I assume it's an old structure but check for requirements on window replacement. They may require up to date specs for that.

This is for a new gazebo, purely decoration. I'm sure the builder will check on any pertanant codes

I helped briefly with a shutter company. They did a nice product with Extira and did well. They were painted - undercoat, top coat and held up well. I'm not aware of any issues they had with them.

I've been using Extira for a while now for a lot of gingerbread trim.This gable trim is just that. been up for about 5 years now with no sign of wear in a coastal and high wind area. Sorry for the poor picture. As you probably already know GREAT dust collection is a must. Toxic as heck!

Last edited by kurt_rose; 02-27-2016 at 09:21 AM.