Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rough movement in the x y and z axis

I would do UR and reset it to shopbot standards. It sounds like someone mess with the settings.

Scott,

As are so many other unexplainable things in this world, after avoiding the shop all weekend I come back in this morning and wander out to get the packet number you requested (13.0 by the way, which means absolutely nothing to me) I fired up the machine and it moves along all axes just perfectly. I suppose that it's possible that I came out here in my sleep over the weekend and fixed it but unlikely. Even though things work I would still like to get to the bottom of what was happening. Since I obviously cannot provide a video of the issue now I will do so in the event it happens again. I have checked everything thoroughly in regards to mechanical and structural causes and came up blank. Nothing loose, everything nice and square.....

I misread a portion of your earlier response to me. We do not run the software via a USB (neither VCarve or the shopbot control software). Both are installed on the hard drive of the pc which is directly connected to the machine. The only thing that comes off of a flash drive through a usb are individual files that students create then load for cutting of parts and projects.

Thank you Scott and Kyle for taking time to help us with these issues. I am so very far from being proficient with our new machine and knowledge like yours is invaluable.

David

The only thing that comes off of a flash drive through a usb are individual files that students create then load for cutting of parts and projects.
    Are you running these files from the flash drive? Meaning, are you navigating to the file on the flash drive through SB3, selecting it and then running it from there. If you are, don't! When you plug in the flash drive, use windows explorer/file explorer to copy the file and then paste it into a folder that resides on the hard drive and then open them with SB3 to run from there. You could make a folder named ShopBot Jobs and then break it down per student or something like that.
    Scott

You beat me to it Scott.
    Kyle Stapleton
    River Falls Renaissance Academy
    Math/Technology Education Teacher

PRS Alpha 96x60 2.2 hp spindle, Double Air drills, 6" indexer, Fein 5 zone vac table
    Desktop w/spindle
    Potter Pen
    Aspire 8.5, Creo 3.0

Wow, just when you think you have it licked. It was running smoothly when I got in this morning and fired it up. After several more movements in all axes (setting a new xy zero for a project) it starts grinding again. We uninstalled the control software then re-installed and voila! Worked smoothly again. Several more movements of the axes and it starts up again. I have a call in to Shopbot for assistance and will let you know what we find out.

David

Have you tried another PC on it? Different brand, tower instead of laptop or vise-versa.
    Scott

Sounds to me like maybe a static issue. Search the forum for ways to eliminate static interference.

Packet ET was even better than mine(17) so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Like Scott W said, do you have any components you can swap?
    Maybe read this;
    Attached Files Attached Files
    scott P.
    2013 Desktop/spindle/VCP 11.5**
    Maine