Thread: Fein Turbo 3

Default Fein Turbo 3

Do these vacs still exist?? I have two a one has finally stopped working after 9 years. I would love to get a couple more, but I cannot find them anywhere.

if it is the motor you can replace the motor for around 150.00 I think you can replace the brushes too.

Looks like the Turbo III has been discontinued -- at least it is no longer on the FEIN.COM web site, and most distributors are listing it as discontinued.
    https://fein.com/en_us/surface-finis...st-extractors/
    - Randall Newcomb
    10 fingers in, 10 fingers out
    another good day in the shop

Well looks like there are a few still out there. Thanks guys

I'm using 1 turbo III and 1 turbo II on my system at the time they had the same specs other than canister size.

One of my Fein motors burned out a few years ago. I replaced it with a Lighthouse motor and it worked great for another 5 years. When that motor failed I just junked it. I got about 13 years use so I don't feel I got cheated.

I use my shopvacs several hours a day in sanding and cleaning operations. Much more then a hobby shop would ever use. So in a hobby shop the motor would probably last much longer. I tend to burn out shopvacs every 5 years of so.
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcw View Post
    One of my Fein motors burned out a few years ago. I replaced it with a Lighthouse motor and it worked great for another 5 years. When that motor failed I just junked it. I got about 13 years use so I don't feel I got cheated.

I use my shopvacs several hours a day in sanding and cleaning operations. Much more then a hobby shop would ever use. So in a hobby shop the motor would probably last much longer. I tend to burn out shopvacs every 5 years of so.
    Next time check out the Rigids, they have lifetime warranty. Mine died this summer, was about 10+ years old, called support, they had me email a few pictures of the motor casing, and within a week they ok'd a replacement and sent me a complete new system.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net

Quote Originally Posted by tri4sale View Post
    Next time check out the Rigids, they have lifetime warranty. Mine died this summer, was about 10+ years old, called support, they had me email a few pictures of the motor casing, and within a week they ok'd a replacement and sent me a complete new system.
    I might look at Rigid next time.

I tend to go with the Fein's because they are quieter then most other brands. When running for several hours with a ROS going day after day, the reduced noise of the Fein is nice. That's just me....
    Don
    Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
    www.dlwoodworks.com
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece; But to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, bank accounts empty, credit cards maxed out, defiantly shouting "Geronimo"!

If you make something idiot proof, all they do is create a better idiot.