I've been using Autodesk products for awhile now (first CAD job was working on AutoCAD R14) and although their software usually has several ways to complete tasks, I've always found it powerful and capable. Fusion blew me away when I started using it, maybe it's my background with Autodesk, maybe it's the time I spent at TechShop getting my feet wet with Inventor, but for quick prototyping (idea to physical product) it's a great option. In my time spent using the software I have learned a few things that I'd like to share here.

• It has built in post processor for the ShopBot
  • There's an Add-In to automatically add Dogbones to interior 90 degree corners (this is not a perfect solution yet, as it gets tripped up if you have fillets in your design)
  • Do all your designing of parts as Bodies, then convert them to Components right before laying them out for CAM.

That's it for now, but if you download the software and give it a go, I'd be more than happy to offer any help that I can. Here are some screenshots of how I use the software.

AssembledLayout.JPG CamLayout.JPG ParametricDesign.JPG PostProcessorWindow.JPG ToolPaths.JPG