Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOPBOT software and WIN 10?

Default SHOPBOT software and WIN 10?

Hi,
    I'm setting up a new computer Win10 and having some trouble with the software.
    is Windows 10 supported?

"CONTROL CARD ERROR"

thank you,

stefan
    CUSTOM WOOD DESIGN ||www.custom-wood-design.com

never mind ... a computer restart fixed it.
    CUSTOM WOOD DESIGN ||www.custom-wood-design.com

So, I take it that the SB3 software works just fine on Windows 10? (I'm still closing the GWX nagging each time I use the Windows 7 control computer.)

If you want to get rid of the nag of Win 10 and all the files that it is downloading for setup, either of these are good.

Never 10

GWX Control Panel
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by srwtlc View Post
    If you want to get rid of the nag of Win 10 and all the files that it is downloading for setup, either of these are good.
    Yeah, I did some googling and that's an option, but eventually I'll need to update that computer and I'm considering a second ShopBot which will need a new computer. So I wanted to know if taking the path of least resistance and giving in to Windows 10 was reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCoker View Post
    Yeah, I did some googling and that's an option, but eventually I'll need to update that computer and I'm considering a second ShopBot which will need a new computer. So I wanted to know if taking the path of least resistance and giving in to Windows 10 was reasonable.
    I just received my Desktop Max this past Monday and am running it with a new Dell laptop with Windows 10. The only thing I've noticed that is odd is that if the laptop is on battery power, jogging the x, y, or z axis does not work at all.The Shopbot just lurches and grinds. Once I plug in the power adapter, all is well. Not sure if that is Win 10 specific or not. Vcarve Pro and Fusion 360 work too.

Todd

It may be the Dell their USB ports are not very good

Been running Win10 on my Bot dedicated computer for 3 months (the nagging always clicked change caught me off guard after the 100th time). No issues with SB control or Vcarve 8. However, I have a newer BT48 with new control cards.

In general it's not a good idea to run a ShopBot with any laptop if it's not plugged in. There's a lot of weird power management things happening with a laptop which can cause all kinds of problems. You and your ShopBot will be much happier if you keep it plugged in.

Bill

It may indeed be that Dell computers cause problems for some, but that hasn't been my experience. For most of the time that I've been running ShopBots the majority of the computers I've used have been commodity Dell's. I don't know how many sheets I've cut with them, but I'd be surprised if it was much less than 5000. For the last 10 years I've exclusively used Dell computers, except for some oddball tablets and netbooks that I've used for a Handibot.

Your mileage may certainly vary, but they've worked fine for me on the 5 assorted ShopBots I currently have in the shop.