Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a xls coverter to convert to cad.

Print to PDF and choose a large DPI in case you desire to export from PDF back to an image for tracing in aspire to create the path

Inkscape also does this by creating vectors from the image

There are free autocad programs out there, Check techsupportalert.com

I have solid works, inventor, autocad etc.. It's what I do for a living but from what I gather your trying to do, you don't need those to get the shape into aspire, bringing the image in and tracing would accomplish the same as the dxf... Maybe even try sketch up?
    Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

the xls file is just width and length measurements and the amount. how would that work?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ED%20MAPLE.csv

Ah I get it now

extremely easy in aspire, Just hit the box button in aspire and punch in the dimensions

ya thats what I was planning. a little slow but works. but also prone to error. thats why I wanted to import it so I would not make those errors

What types of errors does it cause?

Quote Originally Posted by knight_toolworks View Post
    ya thats what I was planning. a little slow but works. but also prone to error. thats why I wanted to import it so I would not make those errors
    e-mail me the excel file Steve. I'll see if I have an easy way to accomplish it once I see your data.

Either my problems are so big I don't want to tackle them, or I'm very bored.

I have created an xls file that will write a script for draftsight. All you need to do is provide the length and width of your rectangles. To the right of those dimension are the lower left corner of the rectangle. All it does presently is to locate the next triangle 1 inch or unit to the right of the previous one. Just copy those cells so you have one to the right of each rectangle dimension.

The rectangle script tab or worksheet writes the script to tell draftsight how to create your rectangles. You will need to copy columns A, B, and C so that you have a line for each rectangle on sheet1. Then save the entire document to preserve your work. You will then save the rectangle script worksheet as a csv file, buy clicking file, save as, change the file type to csv, give the file a name and save it where you like.

Using windows explorer locate the file and rename it such that the filename is "your filename".scr. Just replace the csv with scr. This file will instruct draftsight to draw all of your rectangles.

Draftsight is free 2 dimension CAD program that is very much like AutoCAD. Just search for it on the web, download and install. Open Draftsight, click on Tools, Run Script and locate and open the file we just saved. You can then save the file as a dxf which can be opened by any other drawing package you like.

The excel document can be downloaded from the following location:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B09...ew?usp=sharing

thanks so much I will give this to my customer he knows excel well. then I will convert it.