Thread: Any funding ideas

briggs@mel-min.k12.wi.us Guest

Default Any funding ideas

The school I work in simply does not have the funds to purchase a CNC. Our Carl Perkins funding is not enough as well. We teach wood tech and manufacturing courses and it seems sinful to not be representing the equipment industry is using. Does anyone have an idea where to look for funding sources, grants, etc. to help.

Briggs, we are working on some tools and resources to make this easier for educators like yourself. I hate that we don't have anything for you today. Recently one of my coworkers discovered this site, hopefully the links there will be of some help to you. (We haven't seen and don't endorse the items for sale.)

http://www.schoolgrants.org/

Please let us know if there is any other way we can be of assistance!

Best regards,

Grant Bailey
    ShopBot Tools Inc.

I’ll put in $20. Get another 449 Boters to do the same and you have your new PRT96! Come on guys it’s for future sawdust makers. Don’t make them keep pushing those routers by hand.

Briggs, you seem to be a very caring educator that wants to give the best education you can to your kids.
    It would be awesome if we all pooled together and got your kids that ShopBot.

I'm in for $20. Pete

Briggs,

Where are you located and what age group do you teach?

I'd be up for the $20 dollars as well. It would go to a great cause. Putting a shopbot where its needed.

Jay

Find a wealthy business person in your community to partially or fully fund it. After you get your ShopBot, hold a competition amongst your students to design a unique ShopBot-produced product that you can manufacture and sell. Then setup a corporation, have your students (present and future) run it, sell your school's "signature" product, and repay the business person who loaned you the money to purchase the Bot.

Here's a thought...Instead of us botters just sending money, why not take that $20 and put it towards material...let's say a sheet of MDF, Extira etc. Then have the students sell signs as a means of raising funds for their own Bot, much like what Ron Varela was talking about years back (do a search)...then you have a self-supporting real fund raiser that will A) Get the word out about what the school needs B) Show people what a CNC router can do C) Vastly exceed the amount of money that would be raised by mere donations.

Just a thought...

-Brady

briggs@mel-min.k12.wi.us Guest

Thanks for all of the great advice and comments. It says a lot about the quality of all of you shopbotters. I am in the process of seeking out grants and planning several fundraisers with my woodworking, drafting, and manufacturing students. The offers of donations are very kind but but not necessary at this time. Maybe in the home stretch? I'll post at the site later in the year and give everyone an update on our project here at Melrose Mindoro High School. Thanks for such thoughtful and positive responses.