Thread: Random Stops

Default Random Stops

Desktop router is stopping and movement as well both x & y stoping axis over and over each time during a run. I have seen it do it quickly at the beginning and somewhere in the middle. It may even run the files completely. Do you have an idea what may be happening?

Thanks

Jeff

If what you mean is that the tool pauses for a bit while in a long 3-d file then you are getting a load of the next batch of commands from the computer to the controller. Depending on your computer, it's memory, ram, etc how much this happens can vary. Usually you can tell when it will happen during a file as it is usually the same number of lines that loads each time. In the old days it would be every 50,000 lines but is usually more now. At the beginning there is the signaled pause to ensure your router/spindle is on and/or a pause sometimes right after it starts as it receives and processes the first move command after the first z down movement. Drives me nuts to sit there and watch a bit spinning without moving in a new part, but it is a function of the SB postprocessor and I am not aware of a PP modification that will get rid of it.

Bleeth,

Thank you for responding and great answer. I suppose I worded wrong, it just completely quits.

Then it could be anything from a bad connection to your computer timing out for some reason.
    Time to call support when they open.

Thank you very much!

I am not sure if this helps, but mine was stopping and showing an error message that stated it lost connection with the SB. I found it to the the computer. I changed from the older computer to my newer computer and the problem has not happened since then.
    Phil
    BT 32 Standard
    2.2 HP Spindle
    Aspire Sofrware

If you are using a Dell computer try some other brand I could not keep from having problems with Dells I tried 5 different ones after my HP died and every one gave me problems. I went back to an HP and haven't had a problem

does the software keep showing movement?