Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to use ShopBot in School

I would also add, that we do very little design work in Parts Wizard, I prefer to draw in our Cad program Microstation, Like AutoCad, but then import the file into Parts Wizard and setup up the toolpaths and cuts. I am now looking at Vector Graphics and Millwizard. The first person to help me was Gerald in South Africa, he was a ton of help and gave me lots of advise. Like he said the amount of your CAD experience is the key to me. If you know AutoCad or some CAD program, Partswizard is a breeze. My CAD students that have no woodworking background also love using the machine, as well as my Manufacturing students. The biggest draw back is getting home at a descent hour due to students coming in after school to work on speicial ShopBot projects.

for Lindy and students.

John Amonson (Unregistered Guest) Guest

Looks like Ellinwood School is solving their problem. A good buy for someone, but a loss for Ellinwood students.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

If I could muster up the funds, I'd buy it. That would make a great home show model.

Guess, we'll see how they fair. It's in Kansas City, I wished I would have known. I would have ran down spent the weekend and helped them out. Shame to lose such a valuable asset in todays schools.

What would you pay for it? $3550 currently on ebay, $5295 brand new

Just curious

Ryan,

I wouldn't take it for much more than 4000. It's coming with the computer and the table. Though at 3550, that's a decent price for it. It will be interesting to see where it finally lands at, especially without the router included.

mikea@mts.net Guest

Hello rollie

I teach shops in Mccreary Manitoba with the shopbot. It was a challenge to get the students conforable with the machine but now they are using it like another tool. Projects from entertainments centers to intarsia has been done with the bot. I think the best thing I did was to take a course in Mastercam which helped a lot. Presently we have had numerious schools come and visit us for help. I think that 90 percent is the software as the machine itself is pretty basic. Unfortunately a small problem can really screw up a class. emial me if I can be any help

Mike Annetts