Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Issue with V-Carve tool path in Aspire

Here is a video of the issue. It's at the end of the video where it is rounding out of the letter.

https://youtu.be/3LOsP4qSA38

Hey Will,

The file appears to be fine. Feeds are a bit conservative and RPM's a bit high now that you have a spindle, but you'll work that out in time.

Ramps settings are messed up and that makes me wonder what else may be off. I'd do a UR and reset to what your machine would be called now with the new control box.

Double check those new springs to be sure that they are the stronger ones and that they are both hooked up right. Might want to verify with SBHQ as to whether they sent the right ones for your model.

Email sent with more...
    Scott

I reset the ramp settings and tried again. The video above is with the new settings.

That doesn't sound right at all. Sounds like you are loosing steps. It's cutting way too deep. Spindle weight could be making it fall as it loses steps.

Z axis unit values could be off as well. Bad driver for the Z? If you just z zero and then move the z to 1" with MZ,1, does it move the proper distance? Try 2" and check again. Move z to 0, does it return to zero or is it off. Try some JZ's also. Some jogs up would make it lose steps and then cut deeper on the next 'in the material' cut.

If you clean out the pockets, are the bottoms at one depth or multiple depths? Is the spindle falling to the point where it is now hitting the bottom mechanical stop?
    Scott

With a new spindle install I'd suspect that you are hitting the hard stop at the top of the Z axis. What are your "Z-axis Start Position" and "Rapid Z Gaps" settings in the Vectric software? Are they higher than your spindle can go without topping out?

I checked that Bill, it's not hitting the stop. In doing some research and talking to SB, they recommend the stronger motor. I will keep you all posted.

Well all, the stronger motor fixed the Z, it now keeps the 0 all the time. Thank you everyone for your help on this, however now that I have the Z fixed I now have another issue. I am cutting foam and some how it is losing steps on the X. The feed rate is 1.5 with a V-carve flat bottome of .25. Is the feed rate too fast? See attached, any help would again be appreciated. I will get this thing working some day! Soon, I hope.

image1 (1).jpg