Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue with V-Carve tool path in Aspire

I can't read the screen shots but the E in the top post looks like either the geometry of the bit is off (either the bit or the software) or the cut is too deep. I can't see a v-groove in the bottom of the cut.

Yeah, the images are way too small to see well. It looks like it's defined right. What does in look like in the preview in VCP/Aspire? If it looks right there, then it's something at the machine. As far as posting your file, get a zip program installed and right click on the file and choose to compress to zip file. I like the free 7-zip program. Or, email it one of us. My email address is in my profile.
    Scott

Everything looks right.

I think I may have found the issue but not sure of the fix as of yet.
    It seems to be losing the Z 0. This would account for it cutting out of the letter I think. The machine would think it's out of the letter but it is actually still in the letter.

The only thing I have done is update to the spindle along with the new springs. Cout the new springs not be strong enough and letting the spindle drop down some as it goes along?

Could be. Is your machine a Standard controller and not an Alpha? Would want to make sure you have the right springs for a spindle. Make sure your ramp settings are right for your machine and that they aren't set too aggressive and causing the Z axis to lose steps when moving/jogging up and down. You could test to see if it is loosing steps by zeroing on a block of material, remove the material and run the file in the air and when it is finished, MZ,0 and see if it has changed. Make sure the motor is adjusted properly on the rack for the Z and that you have no play up and down. Make sure that you are not hitting one of the mechanical stops before you get to the commanded depth and losing steps. Is this the first cuts after putting the spindle on?
    Scott

Yep, it's a standard with updated control box. The spring I got from ShopBot along with the order of the spindle. Where would I check the ramp settings? I know it's losing it somewhere. After I run the program, it's off. I checked it after the program and it was below the surface.

You can go to VR to see what they are set at. Defaults would be .4, .4, .4, 10.16, .4, .4, .4, 10.16, .2, .2, 100, .15, 65.

Is this the first cuts after changing the control box? Did you load new machine settings according to what it is now?
    Scott

You should check the Z axis for any binding too. Make sure it moves freely throughout its travel.
    Scott

The Z axis moves fine. I have had the updated control box on for about a year now. So just updated the spindle.

My values don't look anything like what you said. See attached. You think this could be the issue?

image1 (2).jpg

Are you zeroing to the top or to the bottom of your material

Top of the material.