Thread: Cnccam

Default Cnccam

All,

I just learned about this inexpensive software call CNC CAM and thought people should know. You can install a small camera on the machine to help set the X and Y zero points. The camera's cost about $15 bucks on ebay.

http://www.c21systems.com/CNCCam/

Enjoy,

Rich

I read most of what was on the site but i didn't see where this would have answered this question...is it simply just a camera viewer or does it auto set to the center of your mark via some method?
    Words of Wisdom:
    “Words that sink into your ears are whispered…… not yelled”
    “The biggest trouble maker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every morn’n”
    “The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth”
    -----------
    Just remember...when it's time for the hearse to pull up..there's no luggage rack on top!
    -----------
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it...Thomas Jefferson

Its just a simple camera viewer. Its just another way to Zero the X and Y planes.

Ordered a camera today off Amazon to check this out, and also wanted to be able to watch the activity inside the dust skirt while cutting. Since I want to run this while the 'Bot is cutting, I do wonder if the bandwidth of video over USB will interfere with the signal from computer to 'Bot and cause errors. Will do some dry runs first to see what happens.
    Daniel E.
    ShopBot PRS 48x96 (2010 Model)
    Porter Cable Router
    Vacuum Table w/ 2 Fein vacs
    Aspire 9.0

What I do when I don't mess up wood: http://www.pathhome.net