Thread: Consortia schools

dprovoncha@eosmith.org Guest

Default Consortia schools

Through our Carl Perkins consortia grant, we have been able to purchase 3 Bots, a 96,48 and next week a table top model...all in different schools within about 15 miles of each other. We have also arranged for some training and software from MasterCam, their home office is less than 20 miles from us, and hopefully two days with a ShopBot person on site. We are now looking for ideas and projects that we can do with our kids. Also as an aside I was talking to Sallye yesterday, and got some answers to some questions about CorelDraw 10...it's rather buggy and it's DXF converter doesn't work well. We found a work around, but it's real time consuming. The new version 11 may have solved these problems...does anyone know? Would like to hear from other schools. I follow this forum daily....it's great!
    Dave P. from Storrs Ct.

Dave, Dale Kerr here, I teach Young adults with Developmental Disabilites.

Make sure you export your Corel fiels as old version 9 DXF files. this will help with the conversion it does work.

My phone # is 613.235.9550 ext 226 and I would be more than happy to assist if I can

Dale

Support (Admin) Guest

You can download fix for dxf converter in Corel10. Instructions are on downloads page on ShopBot website
    http://www.shopbottools.com/download.htm.You might also be interested in the ShopBot Teaching Unit at the bottom of that downloads page.