Thread: BT32 Alpha table help

Default BT32 Alpha table help

I just purchased a 2007 BT32 Alpha Buddy, Yeaaa!!! Well, as I've been cleaning and getting everything greased up I noticed that the v-rollers on the sides of the table are not in full contact with the rails. It looks like the tops of the rollers are touching, but not the bottoms. Also the round rollers under the solid aluminium top are not touching, there is about a 1/16" space. Is this normal or do I need to adjust this?
    Thanks
    Darin.

20160527_150706.jpg20160527_152220.jpg

Yes you do. Having your machine dialed in with all rollers in proper contact is the only way to get accurate parts and smooth operation.
    Much info can be had by reading the shopbot docs about it.
    There are a couple buddy owners who contribute to the forum regularly but may be out for the holiday weekend.

Darin, the ball rollers you are looking at are for the Power Stick accessory Shopbot sells for that model of Buddy. They do not make contact with the aluminum table. If you do a search on this forum, you will find a lot of information on this subject. The release handle allows you to slide the aluminum table off and slide an aluminum extrusion in it's place to give you up to 12ft of X travel for long projects. The newer Buddys only come with a power stick instead of the table and you have to make your own table out of MDF, etc.. In my humble opinion, you have one of the better machines. The solid aluminum table will remain flat, if you get those V-Rollers properly adjusted. As David said, search the ShopBot docs for information on adjusting the v-rollers. http://www.shopbottools.com/mproducts/shopbot_buddy.htm Hope this is of some help...joe
    Last edited by Joe Porter; 05-29-2016 at 04:48 PM.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'll be working on this as soon as the kids are asleep tonight.

Just spent the last 3 hrs cleaning & greasing everything. The adjustment was a lot easier than I thought, just slightly loosened the bolts holding the aluminium extrusions with the v track and bumped them slightly until everything was tight and square. Took the table off to scrub and clean the rails. Tomorrow it's getting a new spoilboard. Thanks again for the help.

Darin. I wouldn't move the extrusions, they are set square to the Y cross member. The v-rollers are adjusted by loosening the lock nut and turning the post that they are attached to. these posts are eccentric and will tighten or loosen the v-rollers. They are on one side of the table only and tightening one side will pull the other side in place also. After I posted yesterday, I followed my own advice and looked for the documentation I talked about. It seems that it has been replaced with the newer machine documentation. If we can't find it, I would call ShopBot and ask them to send you the documentation for that machine. .http://www.bwc.com/dualvee.html this is a description of the wheel that is on your machine. Look this over and you will see the adjustment procedures. http://www.pbclinear.com/Blog/Mounti...V-Guide-Wheels I hope this is of some help...joe
    Last edited by Joe Porter; 05-30-2016 at 11:38 AM.