Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The One Man Shop

True that flatbed printing, cnc carving, digital printing can all be farmed out. But with a flatbed printer in my shop I save money because I could keep it running at least 4 hours a day. I think if i buy the fancy machine it will pay for itself in about 2 years or less.

Lets not forget about all the last minute stuff. the faster you respond and get the sign in the customers hands the better.

Same day signs are coming and it will be a premium price in my shop. cant get that kind of turnaround from a 2 day shipper. I like to have the new toy that will make me money

Dave

At last I found a few pix of a recovery sign I did a couple years ago. This one had been laying face down on the church lawn. It was from 2" rough cedar. The mixture of Bondo & Fiberglas Resin, 50-50 came in handy to fill holes and cracks. It turned out nice and brought in a good profit.

The last photo shows epoxy, tinted with One Shot Maroon, being poured in the well of the letters. In the background is a bucket of ice to keep the epoxy from flashing too early.

Attached Images Attached Images

When a panel had dog ears around it's edges it will help to take a router with a round over to smooth it up. If a panel has letters that have been routed deep, it's a breeze to slop on the letter color and roll the surface with a low knap foam roller. Same goes with sandblasted signs except if the blasting is shallow I throw in the towel. To make good money you need to move forward at a steady pace. No messing around. You cant start dinking around with this kind of sign. They always look like a novice was involved.

Attached Images Attached Images