Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where to buy a new hsd spindle?

Appreciate you posting your results to your search efforts. I would love to see that video if you don't mind recording it.
    PRS Alpha 96" X 48" w/ 12" Z
    4hp Spindle
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 8

will do. luckily I just have thin material to cut with a small bit mostly 1/8" like thin plywood and a bunch of sintra. I had a bunch of maple to cut but I told my customer I can't do it till I get the new spindle it would kill it. of course all these jobs are rush jobs and I don't have enough time as it is.

well today was strange. the spindle made really loud noises starting and stopping though not always and once sounded like it was running but was hardly turning. but I stood it and it started ok. I just cut some sintra panels one on each end of the table and looped it so i would not have to start and stop the spindle much. then did some light pdf work slowly. with all the work I broke down and paid for overnight shipping so I can get it tomorrow as one customer is freaking out. here is the video it does not sound as loud as it is it made me jump several times. https://youtu.be/sd1DXxQ6LoU

I'm not a guy who startles easy but can totally relate to jumping as a result of things the bot is doing. Or rather, things I made the bot do that it should not have. With all the diving for the estop I was doing when I first got my bot I could have been a walk on for any MLB teams shortstop position. That spindle is definitely sounding very rough, you're right. Thank you for sharing that. Of course you have the most impatient customers ever when a machine goes down, does it happen any kier way?
    4hp Spindle
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 8

anyone want a 1800.00 paperweight? with the wear on the shaft and all I doubt it is practical to rebuild it. I can't find my original wrenches but I think the torque wrench was a bit loose fitting so it caused more of the mashing but i can't remember for sure. the fan housing slipped a little and the wire lever was a bit bent but a easy fix. but this was one of the easier fixes though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you ever take a spindle apart and looked at the guts? I feel like it would be a worthy itch to scratch to see what that thing looks like in pieces.
    4hp Spindle
    6" Indexer
    Aspire 8

Quote Originally Posted by Justin G View Post
    Have you ever take a spindle apart and looked at the guts? I feel like it would be a worthy itch to scratch to see what that thing looks like in pieces.
    thinking about it if I can manage it. it really isn to up to being refurbished.